Yes because the film series is a fun and lightly comedic tour-de-force directed to children!

Is it me or are these posters, stamps etc very much aiming for a kids audience?

You only realize that now? God, you're slow! Slower than KK... and he's Canadian!

Careful now Bloodboal...you don't want to mess with us Canadians....

And I doubt Radagast will be in there for just a "few scenes"...

No he serves as a lackey and a foot soldier for the Bunnies of Doom of course. He runs their errands although it may look the other way around. You are probably confusing debut with debutize Faleel, although I am sure you were just joking in the first place. ;)

I was light-heartedly correcting your "error", I believe the world you are looking for is Deputizing, not debutizing? I could be wrong though.

Hehehe. I am getting more and more befuddled. My bad. Wizard's prerogative! :)

Evangeline Lily is great in LOST but she hasn't done anything of the same caliber since. She's been continuously getting small roles, and I don't expect this one to be any different. Although I guess Real Steel was more of a supporting role.

I follow the thread because I'm actually a fan of the book and the Lord Of The Rings films. You'll never see me in a Star Wars thread.

So, I had heard of an alternate "Production Diary N°8" for The Hobbit, but I didn't know how much stuff was included in it and we didn't get to see! Apparently, we could see the Master Of Laketown, Bard, Smaug's treasure, Radgy doing "roof surfing" (yeah, I'm not joking!)...

Yes, Smaug's treasure exists.

http://musingsfrombr...-video-8-stills

BTW, there is a new poster:

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-international-poster.jpg

Yes! Thanks for the pics both of you! Stephen Fry looks really suitably oily as the Master of Laketown in the picture and the dragon hoard is pretty much what I hoped and expected it to be. Tolkien makes it out to be enormous with hills of coins in that cavernous chamber. The pics sure look it will be like that. :)

That poster looks like something a fan could have made out of the banner on the Hobbit trailer site with the wallpaper generator.

Hehehe Orlando will be so jealous! I bet PJ had to invent something equally acrobatic for Leggy in these films once Orlando saw that footage. :lol:

In other news! Bifur's axe head leaves his head at some point!!!

305000_358039430943986_233840934_n.jpg

I bet they just forgot to glue the axe head on the day this picture was taken.

Thanks for the pics!

Oh, and checking your link, there are more pics from the alternate production diary N°8 (apparently, it's Bard doing "roof surfing", not Radgy, so that's some sort of a relief). More pics here.

You're welcome :), but I think I had seen that pics on theonering.net.

That poster looks like something a fan could have made out of the banner on the Hobbit trailer site with the wallpaper generator.

I know, it's so disappointing...

The Lake Town looks rather good from those few photos, very much spot on design there. :)

Yes! Thanks for the pics both of you! Stephen Fry looks really suitably oily as the Master of Laketown in the picture and the dragon hoard is pretty much what I hoped and expected it to be. Tolkien makes it out to be enormous with hills of coins in that cavernous chamber. The pics sure look it will be like that. :)

I really should have checked the actor list. Stephen Fry, omg. The film is awesome already.

That's a good running time. And that set of photos was actually rather satisfying. I like the look of Stephen Fry and Bard and the sets look great. The poster gets a big meh from me (looks like something lifted from the wallpaper generator).

But what's with Bilbo's really modern robes? I mean even when he's sneaking into a dragon's lair to steal some treasure, it looks like the thief needs to do it in style.

I will start a petition demanding to leave Evangeline Lilly on a deserted island for the rest of her life.

How stupid is that?

"Damn, now we have this completely invented character that we added to capture female demographics, and nothing to do for her! Let's give her something from this Bilbo dude, won't matter."

As I recall, there were many more dwarves captured by the spiders, say, all of them, and yet that set includes only Fili and Kili as opposed to all of them. How else deeply do you want to read into changes made for the movie based on a Lego set?

The second one.

The Hobbit LEGO sets.

One of them reveals a "possible" change to the story which I'm not happy about.

Apparently, it will be Legolas and Tauriel rescuing the dwarves from the spiders, and not Bilbo. If that's indeed the case, that will really affect Bilbo's evolution as a character in a bad way, in my opinion. I hope that's not the case...

8059933836_4c5a4f2545_z.jpg

There was a picture of Bilbo with Sting covered in spider web.

Plus they purposely had Sting without nothing written on it, supposedly because it's to be written afterwards.

It's Tauriel, not Turiel! T-a-u-r-i-e-l!

And it will be rather lame if Legolas and Tauriel rob Bilbo of his big moment when he saves the Dwarves from the spiders. Let's hope the LEGO set doesn't represent the scene as shot for the film.

Well it means something to the effect of "Woodland daughter" in Sindarin. Not a very bad name for a wood elf in my opinion. But I can see you conjuring some bovine images in your head from the taur-opening of the word, being a vet and resident animal expert . ;)