Is anyone well-versed enough in spoilers to give a summary of everything known about how the Necromancer/Dol Guldur/High Fells/White Council etc. plot strands proceed in DOS? Hearing how some of those scenes will be scored has made me very curious.

Is anyone well-versed enough in spoilers to give a summary of everything known about how the Necromancer/Dol Guldur/High Fells/White Council etc. plot strands proceed in DOS? Hearing how some of those scenes will be scored has made me very curious.

Actually, there are so many ideas and suggestions and rumours floating around that I don't bother anymore until I've seen the film.

I certainly hope so. Otherwise all of this build up towards a non-existent clash of badass beings will be the biggest cocktease in the history of cinema.

I have a feeling they will leave the attack on Dol Guldur for film 3. Otherwise, what's really left for TABA to fill 3 hours?

Of course he will be. But only after being Necromanced back from the dead after Legolas kills him. He returns as Smaugon, and breaks Gandalf's staff, which then falls and hits Bilbo in the head, not knocking him out, but making him realize how to stop Smaugon's rampage. Only by the hand of a woman will he fall. And there will be only one woman present, our favorite she-Elf. As Smaugon is about to strike down her beloved, Kili, she'll strike a killing blow and then skate down his neck to the crooning of Ed Sheeran.

Of course he will be. But only after being Necromanced back from the dead after Legolas kills him. He returns as Smaugon, and breaks Gandalf's staff, which then falls and hits Bilbo in the head, not knocking him out, but making him realize how to stop Smaugon's rampage. Only by the hand of a woman will he fall. And there will be only one woman present, our favorite she-Elf. As Smaugon is about to strike down her beloved, Kili, she'll strike a killing blow and then skate down his neck to the crooning of Ed Sheeran.

Stop reminding me! :stick:

I can if I leave it off my iPod. I'll be in the theater this day two weeks and during the first part of the credits I'll stick my fingers in my ears and start shouting "LALALALALALALALA" at the top of my voice.

It's fairly obvious that Gandalf will find a tortured Thrain, since Thrain's theme is quoted in the expanded version of 'A Spell of Concealment.'

Well that's just weird, since he already has the map and key when AUJ starts. I think all scenes with Thrain will be flashbacks, right?

No, of course not. After exploring the High Fells, Gandalf then goes to Dol Goldur to investigate that, and that's where he finds out that Sauron is The Necormancer, and has an entire army (that shot of them marching in the trailer). In Film 3, the White Council will attack Dol Goldur and kick Sauron out of there, and in between Hobbit and LOTR he sets up camp in Mordor.

Well that's just weird, since he already has the map and key when AUJ starts. I think all scenes with Thrain will be flashbacks, right?

No.

Apparently, it seems that a flashback will take us back to the battle of Azanulbizar, which will show us what happened to Thrain. He most likely went into Moria and something happened to him. Gandalf found him theere and got the key and the map from him. Cut back to present time. Gandalf goes to Dol Guldur, finds Mad Thrain, they fight a bit, then do whatever the fuck PJ's mind decided they should do...

I hope they will try to explain this bit of changes from Tolkien's own vision in the upcoming EE of Desolation of Smaug in some other way than "We really liked Thrain so we decided it was better for Gandalf to find him in Moria and second time in Dol Guldur".

That explains the expression on his face :P

I've been meaning to change it for a better one of Bilbo with Sting and lightsaber it up a bit. Any suggestions?