The OFFICIAL Movie Trailers Thread

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I just posted this without checking if already posted or not which it has. The link I posted was working before at the time i found it. It has a higher revolution screen size then the trailers on Coming Soon. It from yahoo and it think high definition as well considering coming Soon website links the high definition trailer to the yahoo site.

Usually the high definition trailers are found on the apple website...

EDIT: I don't think they haven't converted the trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At world's End into high definition yet. I can't get the high definition from yahoo to work.

Ahhh. Thanks. High Definitions trailers are goooooooooooooooooooooooooood! Nice and big so that it covers the entire computer screen so you can see!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still haven't seen the Science of Sleep.....it really doesn't look like my kind of film. I suppose I will succumb one of these days (I still have 5 movies left from my last big purchase, though, in addition to seasons 5 & 6 of The Sopranos).

I personally don't get why Gondry is so insanely hot nowadays. Yes, Eternal Sunshine was great. But that was more Charlie Kaufman than Gondry.

Yes, Eternal Sunshine was great. But that was more Charlie Kaufman than Gondry.

Gondry contributed a HUGE amount to that film in his directing.

Also, go watch The Science of Sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1811

Not a trailer, but a picture from the Bryan Singer/Tom Cruise pic Valkyrie. This picture sent chills down my spine....so much interesting actors in one room! First thing about this movie that actually makes me want to see it.

This might have promise:

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

I'm a sucker for British period costume dramas. It's the sequel to the '98 Oscar bait film with Cate Blanchett as Elizabeth I. That one covered her childhood and early reign, this is the middle years (Sir Walter Raleigh, the war with Spain). I remember liking the original, mostly for Geoffrey Rush's conniving Sir Francis Walsingham, though it's been ages since I've seen it.

I can barely recall the original, aside from Geoffrey Rush. The seuqels looks rather stupid in my eyes......it looks like they're just one step shy of saying "THE BITCH IS BACK!"

Am I the only one who thought of Xena when hearing the tagline?

Well, it does look good looking, meaningless as that might be.

The shot of Elizabeth riding in front of the troops doing the rallying speech thing is cliched to say the least. And the tagline is stupid, but I'm hoping what's underneath might have some promise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1811

Not a trailer, but a picture from the Bryan Singer/Tom Cruise pic Valkyrie. This picture sent chills down my spine....so much interesting actors in one room! First thing about this movie that actually makes me want to see it.

I'm excited for it as well.

But look at all the people around him.....I don't think it's the best career move for Van Houten, I think she'll be able to pull through. She was mighty impressive in the Verhoven film, in more way than one. And, hey, there's an outside chance that the movie might actually not be terrible.

Today's the first I've heard of that as well, it sounds like it could be really good. Too bad about Cruise being in it though. Hopefully the rest of the great looking cast will rise above him.

• 2 weeks later...
But look at all the people around him.....I don't think it's the best career move for Van Houten, I think she'll be able to pull through. She was mighty impressive in the Verhoven film, in more way than one. And, hey, there's an outside chance that the movie might actually not be terrible.

She needs to do a Bond film or superhero flick like Famke. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the 10 Commandments CGI film was playing at our theatre last month. I saw the poster under the "Now Showing".

I never knew it was in production.

The only trailer that has interested me and made me want to drag myself to see this holiday season is The Waterhorse. I'm a sucker for anything with the Loch Ness monster in it.

While I seriously doubt it will be the top dog at this years awards ceremonies it looks like a nice film where f bombs aren't being dropped every other word, no psycho is trying to murder and torture people, no drug use or gross out attempts at humor. While it takes alot to offend me I do tire of those things.

Just a nice little film.

• 3 weeks later...

The first one has started to wear on me a bit, I don't like it nearly as much as I did new (kind of like the first couple of Potter films, really). I'm not sure about this one, but maybe lower expectations will lead to a pleasant surprise.

But I'm looking forward to the score too, I enjoy the first score as much as ever. Though for some reason I don't listen to it very often. :huh:

Well as I understand it, the books leave a lot to the imagination, so there's a good amount of room for interpretation. I remember reading that for the first film, Adamson (the director) wanted to convey the epic battle he imagined when he read the book as a child, even though it's only briefly described in the book.

I liked the first one so I am looking forward to this. It doesn't hold a candle to the books, though.

And it isn't a LOTR ripoff.