Soundtrack collection poll

Eplicon

How much is your soundtrack collection worth?  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• Probably enough to make a down payment on a nice car or home...or even pay off my tuition!
    • If my "significant other" ever found out, he/she would kill me if it was found out that I've been secretly spending a lot more money on my hobby than on him/her!
    • I've joined my local chapter of Soundtracks Anomynous and have started their 12-step recovery program.
    • I don't collect soundtracks, but I know someone who does.
    • I carry a cardboard sign at busy traffic intersections that says "Will work for soundtracks."
    • No comment, on the account some of you here might come to my pad and rob me blind when I'm not home.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a "significant other", but since I don't think my collection is worth enough for the car thing, I still picked that option. I wouldn't call myself a "soundtrack junkie", but I do like getting a new CD at least every few weeks just to hear something new. Including non-sountrack stuff (i.e. mostly classical), I have a few hundred CDs so far.

Marian - who knows that some people have a few thousands. ROTFLMAO

:lol2:

Now, the actual value of these CDs would give me enough for a car down payment......but if I were to sell them to a used CD store or even on ebay, ..... it would probably not be enough.

I only have 129 CDs (will be 130 when I buy "Road to Perdition" today!)

I'm not sure if I can trust this guys... Must vote on the last one! ROTFLMAO

Now seriuos... I'm over 1400 itens on my cd collection (some of this being multiple sets, one of them a 12-cd set). I think I could buy a small car with all the money that has gone into cd collecting, and my wife does know how much I spent... She only let's me live because she's expecting my son... :biglaugh:

Justin I feel your pain!! :cry:

It's hard to be a score collector when cd's cost so much and if you have morals and won't go and get it for free online somewhere! there just is never enough money to get the scores you want. Especially the rare ones that can cost upwards who know what the sky's the limit.

Brian99_1 - who uses every SPARE cent he has to further the score cause! :baaa:

Seems to me all those choices but the "i know someone who does" are just varying shades of the same answer:  a lot.

:ola: When I designed the poll, I tried wording each choice differently so there was at least some degree of how much one buys or doesn't. I had forgotten to put in one for cheapskates -- you know, the kind that only obtains MP3s or CD-Rs. (You know who you are!)

As for me, I'm somewhat in mid-range: around 500-something. Which goes back to 1988, in terms of CDs. I was a bit idle for several months in buying anything due to financial constraints, but ever since starting my new job, I have been spoiling myself silly. I've plunked down about $600 worth of soundtracks over a 9 week period, or more than I spent the past two years combined. Sometimes I feel like I've run out of soundtracks to buy.

Almost 1,550 and still counting (about 950 of these are soundtracks, so you might call me a junkie). Some are multiple CD sets and I only have about 20 CD-Rs of stuff I haven't been able to find pressed.

Seems to me all those choices but the "i know someone who does" are just varying shades of the same answer:  a lot.

:ola: When I designed the poll, I tried wording each choice differently so there was at least some degree of how much one buys or doesn't. I had forgotten to put in one for cheapskates -- you know, the kind that only obtains MP3s or CD-Rs. (You know who you are!)

Hey I only have many of those because I can't afford many CD's!