I saw Transformers tonight

Eric_JWFAN

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once was enough for me.

I might tolerate a rental viewing just to hear Peter Cullen's performance again, now that the original is fresher in my head.

Has anyone else played the video game yet? I'm working on it right now, and (despite bad reviews it has gotten) it's pretty cool. Kind of a mix between Driver and Mech Warrior. And, although Optimus was the only original voice in th movie, they got the orginial voice of Megatron as well for the game.

One million years ago, the Mini-Cons, a lost race of Transformers... And that's the entire story. Ha! The joke is apparently on us. The first tear to shed should be for this total and complete lack of plot. Whichever executive thought it appropriate to save cash by hiring an old baboon to flesh out Transformers' storyline should be flogged with a whip made of enchanted shards of glass. Because of his terrible decision, an infrequent amount of stutter, and a touch of redundancy, this is a game that will excite and mystifyingly bore. We blame Megatron.

IGN's review could apply to the film, too.

The effects are stunning of course, but after the first time, the awe factor is kind of gone...

Did it go from "awe" to "awful"?

Neil

I watched the end credits for the game, and for some reason they spelled Jablonsky as "Jablonksi." lol

Could that be an alternate spelling, or is it probably just a typo?

I can't imagine this film being a success outside America.

Alex

I reckon it should be quite huge in Asia.

its still a bit hard to get tickets here.

I've seen it twice now as well. It definitely is better the second time around, in every way. I am looking forward to a score release a lot more after having seen it twice.

I liked it less the 2d time around.

Burga - who still thinks that whoever came up with the idea to give Optimus lips should be shot.

I agree Optimus' lips looked stupid as hell. I read that ILM seriously did not want to the lips and they wanted him just to have the face plate like the cartoon but I believe it was Micheal Bay who told ILM to make the mouth. They (ILM) really hated making the mouth and said it was the hardest thing to do on Optimus Prime.

Burga - who still thinks that whoever came up with the idea to give Optimus lips should be shot.

Yes, that was wierd looking wasn't it?

Indeed. Believe it or not, the lips are the main complaint about the movie as far as most people around here are concerned.

The movie had a lot more issues than a set of robotic lips.

Neil

Yeah, it's a Michael Bay film.

I agree though, the lips looked stupid.