Amores perros (2000)

21 Grams (2003)

Salinas grandes (2004) (TV)

Motorcycle Diaries (2004)

North Country (2005)

'Yes (2005)

Brokeback Mountain (2005)

Babel (2006)

Ok film music freaks, I think this composer should have been introduced much earlier in this series of distinguished film composers.

I know he does not have much films to list, but I think we all can list the best five nevertheless. ;)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Brokeback Mountain to be one of the most forgettable scores ever. I didn't even acknowledge it or even Gustavo's existence until his name was read at the Oscars. I was literally mouth-left-open after John Williams lost a double nomination to that crap.

I don't trust or believe in the Academy much anymore. However, I stand by my comment that the score to Brokeback Mountain was perfect in context. It was just a few guitar chords twanged over and over, but then so was Neil Young's score to Dead Man, and that was a superb film and very memorable score.

Do I own the CD for either score? Hell no. But that's not the point.

Ok I admit I created this thread so that we can bash this insignificant cretin, to whom someone has given a name. I think it is good time for all of us to alleviate our minds from bitterness so that we will not commit something horrible in the future. :unsure:

I feel like the academy stopped nominating JW in recent years purely because he has been nominated so much.

Doesn't John Williams still get nominated every year he scores a film?

Amores Perros

21 Grams

Motorcycle Diaries

Brokeback Mountain

As for the albums produced/performed by him, I'll pick "Ayre" and "Ainadamar" (one of the finest operas I've ever seen).