Why Star Trek is better than Star Wars.

JoeinAR

Waitaminute... shouldn't Morn question the dictionary? After all... we cannot truly believe in anything 100% and absolutely, can we? Does that make the dictionary a possible figment of somebody's imagination, it may be wrong, and therefore, unreliable? Well, according to your theory of reality... that is. :)

:roll: I have no theory of reality. I only agree with a theory on perspective of reality.

And just because I throw in a sarcastic barb or two within my points and counterpoints, doesn't make it dishonest. I just find your points so laughable most of the time, that I can't help it, and wonder why you even try to make points when you don't even fully believe in the point that you are trying to make. :biglaugh:

You obviously misunderstood something.

Um... from what I'm reading there, the Dictionary proves my point, not yours. :roll:

As I said, model of reality. A law is different, a law says if this happens this will happen, a theory says this is how a system works. You see, something can be both a law and a theory.

As far as I've known, gravity is a law of science. For instance, jump off a tall building and test it. :)

Einstein's theory of gravity replaced Newton's this century, but things still fall down. Something can be proved and a theory. It's proven that things fall down, but not why. Which is why it is a theory.

In philosophy, truth doesn't mean that at all, truth means what someone believes to be reality so in other words it's a subjective thing.

Get out of the matrix, Morn. :roll:

Hey, the Matrix was only an example, this really has nothing to do with it. :)

• 13 years later...

All USS Enterprises/Defiant/Voyager > The Millennium Falcon

All Star Trek women > Princess Leia

Soong-type Androids > Droids

Deep Space Nine > Death Star/Cloud City

Klingon Empire > Galactic Empire

Dominion War > Star Wars

Alexander Courage + Jerry Goldsmith + James Horner + everyone else...= John Williams?