2 CD Edition of Goldsmith's ALIEN

Ollie

You step on them or something? My brother left like $1,000 worth of scores and CD's on a plane stopover in Switzerland back in the day. That was before we really knew or actively collected scores.

I stepped on my 1 cent Best Buy version of MoH: Underground back when it came out, and then got a free copy when I ordered MoH from Buysoundtrax.

This is wonderful news! A L I E N is maybe my no. 1 favorite movie of all time. Jerry's score for it was brilliant and is, without a doubt, the creepiest score I have ever heard. And I think that considering that he passed away a couple of years ago, I think it's right to give some justice to some of his older works, which Intrada is doing quite nicely here. Anyways, for those of you who haven't heard the score. It really is good stuff ("The Landing" is absolutely beautiful) and I'd recommend it. Just be sure to check you pants after listening, as mentioned earlier. :)

Yes, I've always been a fan of the A L I E N score. Goldsmith's unusual instrumentation (conch shells, didjeridu, serpent and shawm) really lends the whole an unearthly feel.

I live in the Washington DC area and recently when I was at the Library of Congress, I came across the complete handwritten score for the entire film. I've slowly been transcribing it into Finale whenever I have some free time and converting it into PDF files with the goal of having a nicely bound printed score to go along with the soundtrack.

I live in the Washington DC area and recently when I was at the Library of Congress, I came across the complete handwritten score for the entire film. I've slowly been transcribing it into Finale whenever I have some free time and converting it into PDF files with the goal of having a nicely bound printed score to go along with the soundtrack.

!Whoa!

• 14 years later...
3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Excellent. This should always be available.

Along with ALIENS by James Horner and ALIEN 3 by Elliot Goldenthal.