Academy Awards Poll from what we have lived in this decade

CharlieSherry

Favourite score nominated from that decade  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Patriot (2000)
    • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone (2001)
    • Artificial Intelligence: A.I. (2001)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you dare.....??????  :|  :angry:  8O  

A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

I voted for this due to its EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT.

:P

Is 2000 in this decade?

Of course it is. Regardless of if 0 or 1 was the first year, 2000 is what they call that year now.

No one voted for the Patriot because everybody knows 2000 is not in this decade :|

LOL

Ricard - Predicting Morn's reaction:

"2000 is in this decade! And Patriot is good!"

:P

Stefancos- predicting Ricard's reaction:

:roll: :P

Stefan, do you really want to go on with this shit? Please confirm, because if that's the case I can assure that this shit will never stop.

Thanks,

Yes The Patriot is good, and too bad all those who don't like it fail to get the enjoyment out of it that others do.

Ray Barnsbury

yes, too bad for them. because The Patriot is a good score. i didn't feel this way when i first purchased it and listened to it, but to me, the more i listen the better it gets. it's very sweeping and although it may not be outright emotional like one would expect from Williams, it manages to affect on a deeper level if one is willing to allow it. i think it has many intimate cues with fabulous orchestration, and the action cues are simply terrific. Tavington's Trap is one of those pieces that really pumps me up! In an action music sense, the strings in this piece are the best I've heard since that motif in The Empire Strikes Back when the Falcon is escaping from Cloud City. it's got such rhthym and flow, i just love it!

Ted, who admires Williams for doing something different for the Patriot and ultimately likes it a lot.

Yes The Patriot is good, and too bad all those who don't like it fail to get the enjoyment out of it that others do.

Too bad that you fail to get the enjoyment out of all the things that you dislike :sigh:

Ricard - Who hopes that Ray gets his point

Ricard II - Who never said that The Patriot is bad.

Too bad that you fail to get the enjoyment out of all the thinks that you dislike :)

Ricard - Who hopes that Ray gets his point

Ricard II - Who never said that The Patriot is bad.

I gotcha. I was just a little peeved because many people put down The Patriot, and while many others like it, I guess I am defensive about it because I find parts of it so utterly moving. Plus, it often seems that it is the "cool" thing to dislike certain things, not only in music, but in many aspects of life, so I was just trying to rebutt those who are like that (no one was acting like that here). I know someone could very well say the same thing to me (as you did) about anything else, so I wasn't trying to be hypocritical. :sigh:

Ray Barnsbury