• 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

Every few days I will post a thread on a random score from my collection that we can discuss and rate. I made a playlist on my computer with one track of each score I've got, so by using the random play option, I'll be able to post a truly random score each time. Hopefully this will allow us to discuss some scores that would otherwise never be discussed. Also we can record the rating so that we can create a full list of the ratings given to scores by JWFan.com.

Today's score is Apollo 13 by James Horner. Are you familiar with it? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? How do do you think it works in the film? What are your favourite tracks?

So far JWFan has rated:

See Soundtrack Ratings by JWFan.com.

This web page contains the ratings from all my previous polls as well as those of Blumenkohl's.

Final ratings are converted to a 1-10 rating for both rating systems so that they can be compared.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great score. Works wonders in the film. I'm not even as pissed off as most people about the release...I think it's a nice combination of good songs, good dialogue, and good score. Really, a slam sunk for Horner.

The OST is annoying but the promo w/ no songs or dialogue and bonus score tracks is great!

I gave it 4 stars. I agree the OST sucks balls compared to the promo. I always hated hearing dialogue with score. If I wanted to do that I'd watch the fracking movie.

P.S. FireFox's spell checker sucks... it thinks I misspelled the word dialogue.

4 stars.

I love "Re-Entry & Splashdown" is a fantastic track (the original "The Sinking"). When I take the time to listen to the rest of the score, I usually enjoy it a lot. "The Darkside of the Moon" is a very subtle and beautiful piece, as is a lot of that score. But I don't listen to it as much as I should. Maybe I'll change that.

And yes, the dialouge is incredibly annoying.

4.5 stars.

The original album is annoying with the dialogue. I prefer the Oscar promo. All Systems Go - The Launch is one of Horner's top cues and I love Annie Lennox's vocals at the end.

Five stars.

The promo soundtrack to Apollo 13 was one of the best things I ever bought on eBay. Especially since the DVD version I bought did NOT have the isolated score. Grr.