Richard Harris Dead

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier Today I happened to be one of the privileged few to watch the latest Harry Potter film, Chamber of Secrets. Little did I realize as I watched it that one of the main stars was no longer with us. Although there is a press embargo on the picture I have to say that Harris' role as Dumbledore in Secrets will serve as a remarkable legacy to a wonderful actor. In the film , I have to say, there is one scene where I thought to myself that Harris did not look well. After Nov 8th, those who see the film will know the scene I am talking about. I can only assume his scenes were shot in the early part of 2002 and that this scene was a pick-up shot.

That said ,in his role of Dumbledore he will be sorely missed, and I am sure ,after seeing this latest instalment of Potter all those who acted with him will suffer a great loss in how they approach the future Potter films.

Goodbye Richard-Thank You for entertaining us over the years

Deepest sympathies to his friends and families. He will incredibly missed and at least one franchise will not be the same :cry:

Ocelot

When my mom told me this tonight, I could not believe it. I really don't know what to say, it's very heart-wrenching. God bless Richard and those close to him.

Ray Barnsbury

I too am saddened by this news.

but I am happy to say that he has a legacy in his film work, and we can always remember him there, like the greats who have passed before.

He will always live on as Dumbledore for a generation of Harry Potter fans.

I must express my deepest condolences and prayers for the family of the great actor Richard Harris.

I express my deepest condolences to Richard Harris. He's the one who's died. :cry:

Morn - Who must admit he found it a bit offensive to state condolences to his family rather than him, his death is a much worse thing than the grief people feel for him :P I really hate death

I must express my deepest condolences and prayers for the family of the great actor Richard Harris.

I express my deepest condolences to Richard Harris. He's the one who's died. :cry:

Morn - Who must admit he found it a bit offensive to state condolences to his family rather than him, his death is a much worse thing than the grief people feel for him :) I really hate death

Mr. Harris is out of his misery, while his family has to live and deal with the grief and emptiness they are feeling. And I can't say anything further about this topic without violating the rules of this MB.

Ray Barnsbury

Morn - Who must admit he found it a bit offensive to state condolences to his family rather than him, his death is a much worse thing than the grief people feel for him :) I really hate death

Mr. Harris is out of his misery, while his family has to live and deal with the grief and emptiness they are feeling. And I can't say anything further about this topic without violating the rules of this MB.

Ray Barnsbury

That's exactly how I feel, Ray.

Ted

Morn that was just Rude, and don't even try to justify your response, although you will you will fail.

The last report I read said that Harris was in stable condition and expected to be able to film the next Harry Potter film. This is indeed sad news.

I will always remember him most as English Bob from "Unforgiven." May his legacy live on.

No, I must honestly say I found it rude and disrespectful to give condolences to his family rather than the one who died!

Mr. Harris is out of his misery, while his family has to live and deal with the grief and emptiness they are feeling.

Harris can't even have misery... that's the problem. :)

Morn, Joe was right. No way to redeem yourself from that one. It was rude and just plain dumb. I know you thrive on arguments and I'm probably falling for this, but your comments are shameless and stupid. You always grieve for the family. As Ray said, they are the ones that have to deal with this loss. Mr. Harris is finally at peace. Show a little respect.

Neil - ashamed to even have to be posting this

He's not in peace but darkness. I would take grief over that any day without a second of hesitation. This has nothing to do with thriving on arguments! How dare you say that! :)

AAAAAHHHHHH!

Whatever!

my goodness!

On the topic,

Harris was a decent singer. Too bad most people this day and age never knew that part of him.

He's not in peace but darkness. I would take grief over that any day without a second of hesitation. This has nothing to do with thriving on arguments! How dare you say that! :angry:

Morn, I will just post this one post about this matter:

you don't know what's after death. so stop talking as if you did.

-ROSS, who would take death over many things.

he was one of my all-time favorite actors.

I loved him in A Man Called Horse, The Field, Gladiator, Harry Potter.

He will be greatly missed.

The character Dumbledore will never be the same.

I pay my homage to a wonderful actor and one of the most sympathetic screen personalities I had the chance to gaze upon.

Rest in peace...you will never be forgotten.