Williams new project! "A Timeless Call"

MissPadmé

Scored very well... esp. the poignant pause

Yeah, I loved that. That moment couldn't be scored. As always, Williams/Spielberg know how to use the music better than anyone else.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home and caught the last few minutes of this. I liked what I heard... I wonder if there's any chance of it hitting iTunes.

Ozzel -- unfortunately reminded of why political discussion is banned <_<

I'm torn between being thrilled about more JW music and horrified at the cause that he's aligned himself with.

I initially was, too, but wasn't this video about American soldiers?

Ah, well if that's the case, it's fine then. I didn't see it myself, but was led to believe, from the preceding posts, that it was an Obama promotional video.

I hadn't checked in yet today & we had the DNC on C-Span during dinner when I said, "Wow, that sounds like John Williams." <_<

I hope we get a release of it and that we have lots of Blue States this year.

I watched the film with no idea at all that it had been scored by Williams -- I just watched for the Spielberg factor. And somehow, never even considered that ole JW might've written a new score.

I don't remember a thing about it, but I do recall thinking it was good music, and wondering what Spielberg had used.

Hopefully, it'll turn up somewhere on its own.

Listened to a rip of the Internet stream.

I hope the audio from a DVR sounds better .

This will NEVER be released on c.d. ,mark my words

Overall it was ok,not great.

K.M.

I'm torn between being thrilled about more JW music and horrified at the cause that he's aligned himself with.

I initially was, too, but wasn't this video about American soldiers? If it was, then I console myself with assuming he did it for the troops, and not the Messiah.

And as far as political discussions go, we're all adults here (or mostly), I always wished people could behave well enough so that politics wasn't banned everywhere.

It's always those who behave the worst who wish everyone else would behave.

Got it on Tivo. It's always great to have some new Williams music regardless of the political nature of this piece.

In my opinion, it was an average Williams effort reminiscent of his political/military style (JFK, BOT4OJ, etc.) Still very, very good by any standard, and yes, a treat for us JW nerds.

There is no way that this piece will receive a release on it's own, it's not strong enough... that is unless JW arranges a concert piece.

Well, I would have said that about The Unfinished Journey too.

I doubt it will be on CD any time soon, but I think iTunes is a possibility.

Hmmm... I disagree. I feel that "The Unfinished Journey" was a very fine piece on it's own and that it was obviously going to get a release at some point.

This new piece is quite short and disjointed. JW would have to arrange concert piece if it were to see an official release of any kind. Of course, I'd be pleasantly surprised should it be released on it's own.

He needs to use the theme and re-work it into a concert version .I thought it would kick in full at the end but the piece just died down

He needs to use the theme and re-work it into a concert version .I thought it would kick in full at the end but the piece just died down

Probably for the better that he didn't go overboard.