Reintroduction into the score world.

HPFAN_2

Okay I must say that I'm quite embarrassed about this. I've fallen out of the film score world for a while, a very very long while. Maybe two years now. I haven't been buying scores or keeping up with the new soundtracks like I used to and thus I am unaware of what is going on. So to all of you have been waist deep in it and know all the best scores from the best composers tell me what I need to get and what I should avoid. Oh no need to update me on Williams. And my most recent non jw purchase was Beowulf by Silvestri.

Thanks for your help old friends.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

El Cid. Truly fantastic score. But kinda expensive, so if you're not familiar, you might not want to risk a blind jump into such a great modern recreation of a 1960s score.

This was either post 500,000 or 500,001. Which is an irrelevant number because this is not the original incarnation of the message board.

Superman FSM Blue Box, Alien Deluxe Edition - Goldsmith (Intrada), The Matrix Deluxe Edition...the list is huge for two years.

for stuff i just can't miss?

HPFAN, get the Superman FSM Blue Box. The remastering for Superman blows the Rhino Edition out of the water. The complete scores for Superman II-IV are awesome as well as the music from the Superman Animated TV series by Ron Jones. It's worth owning and you'll be kicking yourself in the ass when it goes out of print and wishing you had gotten it before hand then you'll have to pay double the price on ebay.

The blue box, the Indy box, Giacchino scores, Intrada's Alien, Spaceballs, Tango and Cash, Bad Boys, Amazing Stories...