What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Yea, its the total opposite of Sopranos, which as Nightscape just said and I agree with, went on a bit longer than it needed to.  The ending seasons aren't as strong as the beginning seasons.

Breaking Bad got better and better with each season, and ended on the top of its game.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Breaking Bad got better and better with each season, and ended on the top of its game.

That's your opinion. Reverend crocs prefers the style of the first season.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Breaking Bad ended on the top of its game.

I think The Sopranos did the same. The arcs were completed when it ended, it was most satisfying, and still the best and most ballsy ending I've seen in TV. 

17 hours ago, Jay said:

as Nightscape just said and I agree with,

Lol, bless  

There's something about the early seasons. Almost a sort of innocence of the RV years that was gradually lost over time. But that was unavoidable considering the direction of the story, and trying to maintain it would have probably felt false.

6 minutes ago, Woj said:

The last season of BB got ridiculous. The magnet scrambler, the Nazis, the robot gun, the time jump. Still entertaining. 

According to Steef, it would have felt false if they didn't do that.

I actually really liked season 5 of The Sopranos. I think it's possibly the best season. The old-timers coming back, Steve Buscemi's character, Adriana's storyline... all great stuff!

Season 5 was certainly better than 6.

And yes Adriana's storyline was excellent.

A Walking Dead question: does anyone know which season we are on now? I think it has returned recently after the mid-season break, but I'm yet to watch the first batch of the most recent season let alone any of the ones from the currently airing other half. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I never said that.

Btw, Wojo forgot the train robbery!

That episode could have been scratched. Not that is was bad but it doesn't add anything. It's something that was more suitable for an action movie than for BB.

On 3/1/2016 at 7:12 AM, Alexcremers said:

The Leftovers S2 Episode 1

The-Leftovers-Season-2-Episode-1-3-82f5.

The caveman scene ... Holy shit! What a way to open a show!

Yes. Very cool scene.

Just read that HBO renewed The Leftovers for a third season and already announced that it would be its last.

Yeah, even though the second season was very strong, viewership hasn't been great. I'm glad they're getting a final season to round it off.

Based on the description, not entirely sure how "The Terror" will be an anthology series.  Every year a different expedition or something?

BTW, starting season 6 of The Sopranos and noticed it has 21 episodes??  Holy shit.  They really didn't want to let that one go.

It's the same thing AMC did with Mad Men and Breaking Bad; split an extra long season over 2 years and called it two halves of a season, even though its no different than if they had called them season 6 and season 7 and each had been a little shorter than standard.

Essentially they wrote and filmed episodes 1-12, aired those, took a normal season break, then wrote and filmed another 9 episodes that aired a year later.

Still, it's longer than those other two you mentioned.  It's almost like two normal seasons instead of one slightly longer one split in two.  And I thought this show was already getting a bit big for it's Soprano sized breeches.

4 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

It's almost like two normal seasons instead of one slightly longer one split in two

Yea, that's what I said.

You can treat Season 6B like a Season 7.

The Leftovers S2 Episode 5: No Room At The Inn

the-leftovers-season-2-spoilers.jpg?w=60

Why are the priest solo episodes always the best ones? This guy could easily carry a 2 hour movie on his own!

Alex

House of Cards Season 4, E1-3

Had a small binge-watching session with some friends last night with the release of the new season of season. Got through 3 episodes, and I'm somewhat hopeful about where its going. I think with Claire's rivalry/opposition, there is a revitalized energy that the last season just didn't have. Just watching Spacey and Wright dance around each other is more exciting than the meandering subplots of season 3. This can go a lot exciting places.

What I miss most though is Frank addressing his audience. Part of what made this show so fun its absurdity was its pseudo-Shakespearean nature, but much of that seems lost now. Without Frank caring for his audience, its becoming harder to root or "care" for him. So we rely on plot and the arguably more interesting character of this season, Claire!

That's about 3 hours! That's a lot of time to ask of a group of people to just watch TV! Plus it was a busy night. Cut me some slack Alvar!

3 episodes is absolutely binge-watching, I dunno why you guys are giving him a hard time about it, especially considering he worded it "Had a small binge-watching session"

Well I watched the whole of season 4 over the course of the weekend. Improvement on Season 3 for definite. 

Have to wait a year now :(

Girls 5x02 Good Man

Any episode without Sosh is never gonna be a good one and sure enough that is true here.  What an odd episode, jumping from story to story with no connection or semblance.  It started being about some weird roommate Hanna's new BF has, but then that was never mentioned again.  Then Hannah is shown to still be a teacher and is a total dick to the principal, but I guess that doesn't matter.  Then  her dad has a weird gay encounter, and Elijah is coming to help... oh no, he's off on his own adventure with the guy from House of Cards now.  And then there was Ray being annoyed at the coffee shop across the street (how thrilling!), and also Adam and Jessa basically dating.  Good for them, they are a good match - I still wish Adam wasn't on the show any more!  Thank god we didn't have to suffer through any Marnie scenes this week!

Good actor! I like him very much in Mad Men! However, I don't give a rat's ass about Fox's Lethal Weapon. Rahm deserves better!

The Leftovers S2:

I didn't care about The Leftovers Episode 8 (International Assassin) but somehow I have the feeling it's everyone's favorite. It did however refer to the strange opening scene (the caveman scene) of the first episode.

Alex

That was actually the most divisive episode of the season when it aired. Left a good number of people unhappy as well.

I liked it.