What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It is in matters of acting, production design, cinematography and special effects. But not when it comes to the writing. Which is now seriously aimless.

Yeah visually it never looks anything less than handsome, and is often rather opulent. It very much looks the part, but the plotlines don't always match up. 

Dat Whitewalker assault doe. SPECTACULAR.  

6 minutes ago, Drax said:

I found GoT too hard to follow, so I gave up after the first six episodes.

It gets great in its penultimate episode, but it's not a Drax show. There's a lot to get your head around. 

Season 2 was weak IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Yeah visually it never looks anything less than handsome, and is often rather opulent. It very much looks the part, but the plotlines don't always match up. 

Yes. But there is nothing LESS Golden Age then ending your season with a "OMG, did he/she die???" cliffhanger. Especially in sci-fi or fantasy.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

Indeed. It falters, but still offers too much in production to fall short of the Golden Age. This is especially the case when it presents scenes like that Whitewalker siege. One of the most impressive fantasy setpieces in both TV and film.

The Whitewalker battle was more impressively made and more thrilling than any of the battles in Jacko's Hobbit movies. It was a watershed moment in TV, there'd never been anything done on that scale before and with that much success. 

Found the first two of Amazon's extensive line up that i liked:

Bosch - basically a worn-out variation on the dreaded serial killer plays games with this one police investigator he obsesses over, this LA-based series has such interesting actors, locations and a nice 80's vibe (Spenser, Hunter etc.) due to main character Titus Welliver that i binge-watched S1.

e80ac2d74dc077afcea9d46b8953b66a.jpg?ito

Mozart in the Jungle - Based on a book, it concerns itself with the lives of NYC orchestral musicians, especially two 'maestros', so love, money and ambition are packed into entertaining 25 minutes. Maybe not at the absolute top. but i really like both so far...

mozart-in-the-jungle-season-2.jpg?w=670&

11 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Titus Welliver rocks.  And I've been wondering if I should check out that second show for years.  It always slips my mind. 

What second show?

On 17 February 2016 at 9:17 PM, Jay said:

On 17 February 2016 at 9:37 PM, Stefancos said:

"Are you free, Mr. Granger?"

I wonder if Mrs. Slocombe ever sorted out her pussy?

Angie Tribeca 1x06 Ferret Royale

Funny episode due in large part to guest appearances by Keegan-Michael Key and Kerri Kenney-Silver!  She was funny as a  Fish & Game officer, loved her rivalry with Angie.  And  Key was funny as Front Butt :P  Third show I've watched recently with a big poker scene and it was really funny and technically sound poker-wise :P  Loved the slow-mo bit for the blonde girl stealing the ferret.  Didn't even miss Alfred Molina this week!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Very similar comedic style to 30 Rock, but more general and less entertainment industry based.

Yeah. I mean to say, 30 Rock is a lot better. And I preferred the narrative arc, meta-jabs and somewhat toned down over-the-top-ness of 30 Rock over UKS.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Woj and I don't know, since we never seen it.

Well, I always knew it was funny, but that was never enough to make me want to watch it. 

14 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I didn't watch Third Rock From the Sun either. 

I started to in its early run but I gave up. Probably when Jane Curtain learned they were aliens.