What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It's likely the show writers for DS9 thought Alaimo's performance as the original Cardassian to be so definitive that given the chance for a recurring character, they just said to be that guy again. 

Tried:

Lucifer (cop show with Satan as police officer in LAPD...of all things. No.)

Zoo (awful)

The Expanse (intriguing)

About to:

Dickensian

War & Peace

Making a Murderer

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Is Wayward Pines any good? Night 'The Visit' Shyamalan is executive producer!

GSP_6589_zpsywtqj4fc.jpg

Do we still need the new Twin Peaks?

Wayward Pines is horrible.  I might recommend the first 5 episodes, as the 5th capitalizes on the preceding 4 in an extremelely audacious way, but the last 5 are awful.  The finale just made me angry.  And somehow there is a second season coming!

A handful of my coworkers started watching Wayward Pines and spoke positively of it for a while.  By the end of the season they all hated it

I am digging TBS's new show "Angie Tribeca". It's so goofy and stupid, but a sly satire of procedurals like CSI and "Bones" as well. Co-creators Steve Carell and wife Nancy actually manage to channel the energy and wit of the Naked Gun movies into a bouncy half-hour comedy.

Rashida Jones is absolute gold here, she has impeccable comic timing. The opening of "Tribeca's Day Off" with Tribeca and her co-workers putting on a fake quinceañera had me in stitches.

And the show manages to corral guest stars like Bill Murray into the first season, which is pretty damn impressive for a cable comedy.

On 1/17/2016 at 4:39 PM, Woj said:

It's likely the show writers for DS9 thought Alaimo's performance as the original Cardassian to be so definitive that given the chance for a recurring character, they just said to be that guy again. 

Thank goodness for that. What a phenomenal character. No other Trek series had a recurring character that even came close to the greatness of that guy or Mr. Garak.

On January 16, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Stefancos said:

Odo = me during my teenage years, when DS9 was on. I couldnt even watch Crossfire a second time for years.

Ah, the plot thickens. Star Trek was your Dawson's Creek. It's all beginning to make sense now.

19 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

Wayward Pines is horrible.  I might recommend the first 5 episodes, as the 5th capitalizes on the preceding 4 in an extremelely audacious way, but the last 5 are awful.  The finale just made me angry.  And somehow there is a second season coming!

Thanks for the warning ...

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Many ASMR qualities in The Godfather.

Puts me right to sleep!

These are perhaps the most utterly unremarkable films in history, in relation to the obsessive praise they get. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I've never seen The Godfather Saga. But one of the strong points of The Godfather 2 is how the two narratives of Vito and Michael play next to each other. A juxtaposition that would become lost in a chronological presentation.

The Vito Corleone scenes in The Godfather 2 might be the only prequel that has ever really worked dramatically.

8 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

These are perhaps the most utterly unremarkable films in history, in relation to the obsessive praise they get. 

You would need Nolan to remake these for you to be able to enjoy them

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea that's been on my radar for a while, glad it's finally out I will have to check it out

TBS is premiering the show by marathoning all ten episodes for 25 hours straight (and then air S2 the following week). It started last night, and it'll end around 10 p.m. tonight. So if you have time, check it out!

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I've never seen The Godfather Saga. But one of the strong points of The Godfather 2 is how the two narratives of Vito and Michael play next to each other. A juxtaposition that would become lost in a chronological presentation.

The Vito Corleone scenes in The Godfather 2 might be the only prequel that has ever really worked dramatically.

You would need Nolan to remake these for you to be able to enjoy them

Newlane?

But yeah, they're not BAD movies, I just can't think of film with a wider gap between how the majority of audiences react and how I react. 

14 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Puts me right to sleep!

Don't get me wrong, I like them. But they're nowhere near my Top 100, let alone my Top 10, which is occupied more by monster movies, rather than mobster movies.

Started Breaking Bad season 5 last night. The sudden darkness and immediate resolute change in Walt's behaviour is less jarring second time around. My girlfriend said Gus' 

Spoiler

demise

was "unrealistic" to which I replied YES IT WAS, BRILLIANT ISN'T IT! 

13 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's just a bit of paper at end't day in't it. 

If you truly thought that, you wouldn't have proposed.

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just being practical I guess. Some women need to be married to feel like their BF isnt just stringing them along.

I'm sure it's more for her sake then his.

59 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's just a bit of paper at end't day in't it. 

You mean you don't have to buy a ring that costs two months' salary to get engaged in ye olde England? 

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well no, but we're only planning a very small ceremony and day, with none of the pageantry where possible. 20ish guests for a meal afterwards and that's all. I definitely support marriage as a commitment, but absolutely not as an institution.