E.T. returns?

Snowster

I'm surprised no tampon commercial has ever used the Jaws theme...

I can see it... she's taking a bath... then there's blood in the water.... then a guy who looks like Quint kicks in the bathroom door. She screams to grab her regular tampons, and he gets one out, and makes a comment about how there's no way this little thing's gonna be able to handle such a flow (like Dreyfuss's boy scout knot) and exclaims "These'll stop 'er up!" and throws his own special tampon into the tub. It's so absorbent that it sucks up all of the water in the tub. We should try to score that, what cues would we use?

:rolleyes:

Main Theme (film version) and Out to Sea would be fine.

Do I sense a cartoon coming????? :)

Another E.T. movie will introduce the original to a new generation (kinda what the 2002 version did, but on a larger scale)...

It isn't like new generations aren't introduced to it enough as it is. It isn't like the original is quaint and dated. The film stock, special effects, performances, etc are all up to modern day audiences expectations. I think that Tobey Macquire should play Elliot, and E.T. should be 100% CG this time. I will cry during the first scene. I think that anything but remakes, reboots, franchises and sequels should be banned.

Seriously though this is not going to happen, it's a bad idea, bad timing and I'm sure is just completely false, I'm pretty sure Spielberg is aware of the reception the prequels and Indy 4 got.

Yeah, the reception each movie got from 600 mill to almost 1 billion! ;)

Seriously, the one thing I'm most curious about is to know how JW would tackle the project... ;)

Even when the movie could be a bad one? Pfft...

You would sell your soul to the devil, just for another good JW score.

The movie could be a good one, too. If everyone thought like you, no movie would be made at all!

You're just one pessimist, aren't you? For you, the glass is always half empty. ;)

Sure they made good money, they also made Lucas a laughing stock.

I'm sure he doesn't give a damn. I wouldn't if I were him.

Spielberg already made a sequel with AI. Even Pixar did a sequel with Wall-E.

BTW, the re-release of ET did pretty good. A lot of the old fans wanted their children to see it too. However, while the parents were enjoying it, the kids were wondering why they were forced to watch an old relic from an ancient time.

Alex

E.T. does not need a sequel. There is no way Williams will be able to top what he did with the original. There is no way Spielberg would be able to top himself. Keep making Indiana Jones sequels if you want but leave E.T. alone.

Exactly. I'm sure it won't happen, too.

I need to watch the movie again, but I always thought the magic of the movie was seeing it from kids' eyes. Do a grownup version and it's a different kind of movie.

I'm not completely against it... just don't call it E.T. II.

;) You make me laugh.

Back when you were a kid, the grown-ups might have thought the same, but they still loved it!

This is IMDB reporting a story from the National Enquirer! And we're supposed to take this seriously?

No one is, really... but it's a nice topic for a thread! :lol:

Oh and Josh you're a dumb ass for wanting this to happen.

Says the biggest asshole on this MB... :D

Let's just say for the sake of arguement here, that they make a sequel.

What could we expect from JW? If it's anything like The Lost World there'll be hardly any uses of the E.T Theme at all, apart from a forced usage right at the end in the obligatory named "Finale" track.........................................

Let's just say for the sake of arguement here, that they make a sequel.

What could we expect from JW? If it's anything like The Lost World there'll be hardly any uses of the E.T Theme at all, apart from a forced usage right at the end in the obligatory named "Finale" track.........................................

We could all speculate till we turn blue... it all depends on how Spielberg approaches the project. ;)

But I for one hope it'll be like PoA!

The thing with E.T. 2: Revenge of the glowing finger, is, and I think most people would agree, that it's a bad idea from the beginning, it's not like the prequels, which in fact could have been great movies but somehow they didn't turned out that great, the same with Indy 4 it was an ok idea but it was executed poorly. This is not Spielberg-Lucas bashing, E.T. 2, even with Spielberg at his prime, even if I thought he could make a fantastic movie would be a bad idea, E.T. just doesn't lend itself for sequels, he left Earth, it's over.

Well, english is not my first laguage so please be forgiving if some of it is not 100% clear.

Well, english is not my first laguage so please be forgiving if some of it is not 100% clear.

;) Nah, I was just kidding...!

But as to your Glowing Finger question, I sure hope E.T. remains benign. Maybe it's Drew who turns evil!

Perhaps E.T. is just coming back to scold her for appearing on Playboy. He did tell her to be good when he left.

That's ok, there are those here who have english as their first language and don't make any sense.

Ee bah gum, if it in t' in t' diction 'ry it in t' worth makin' sense anyway.

Perhaps E.T. is just coming back to scold her for appearing on Playboy. He did tell her to be good when he left.

Now there's a million dollar idea!

(Although, personally, I didn't mind.)

I'd rather watch a continuation of JG Ballard story with Christian Bale reprising his role.

And I think Williams' current style would suite that film perfectly.

Schindler's List 2: Back to the Ghetto is still near the top of my most wanted. But I'd want an RnB and Hip Hop soundtrack for that over another JW feeling sorry for Jews type score.

:lol:

Speaking of sequels, I'm still waiting for Jurassic Park 4 to happen! :P

But I'd want an RnB and Hip Hop soundtrack for that over another JW feeling sorry for Jews type score.

;) Some things you don't say...

I'd rather see 1942.

What about something more relevant? 2001 - a screwball comedy set in early Spetember about a renegade AlQaeda terrorist attempting to attack Hollywood ;)

As poor taste as that is you brought a huge smile to my face with just the thought of it.

I don't think Spielberg has it in him anymore to make such a comedy.