Jay

I would be grateful if the tracklists posted here had the original track names too, just to know what tracks and versions use.

About thanator chase.... the ending is differently mixed on both versions. would the 3cd be edited?

FIght to the death insert, could anyone provide exact timing for the insertion?

Trent, a suggestion:

I think you split 3m1 pure spirits of the forest with a gapless cut, since the three cues cannot be sepparated.

I'm doing it like this:

Part 1 (Neytiri spots jake) mix with 3m1 insert (searching for jake) for a clean ending.

And then use 3m1 viperwolves which is has 30 seconds more of music in the beggining (and a clean opening), cut from the 3m1 pure spirits of the forest film edit. (3:17 as oposed to 2:45)

Another though:

4m3c is the film version of that Hometree sting.

4m3d contains an alternate of it in the beggining?

FIght to the death insert, could anyone provide exact timing for the insertion?

It starts at 2:01 and goes until 2:34 then again at 3:20 to about 3:28ish. A thing to note from 3:20 to 3:28ish is edited but the insert contains the full piece for that.

Oh and for this cue when the drums come in at the beginning I used the original version for that. I like that better than the one they used in the film.

Another though:

4m3c is the film version of that Hometree sting.

4m3d contains an alternate of it in the beggining?

Actually 4m3c I believe was tracked from the opening of "The Hallelujah Mountains". The one I used is the original version.

Trent, a suggestion:

I think you split 3m1 pure spirits of the forest with a gapless cut, since the three cues cannot be sepparated.

I'm doing it like this:

Part 1 (Neytiri spots jake) mix with 3m1 insert (searching for jake) for a clean ending.

And then use 3m1 viperwolves which is has 30 seconds more of music in the beggining (and a clean opening), cut from the 3m1 pure spirits of the forest film edit. (3:17 as oposed to 2:45)

Actually I've gone back through the score and joined cues together like they are in the film and for those three cues I've have them split but running into each other for a gapless playback and I'm using the full cue that is presented.

The one where I've joined cues together in the film I'm calling it "Version 3".

The isolated vipervolves cue is longer than the part used in that joined cue, that's what i wanted to say (i may have worded it a little oddly)

i'm getting a little crazy choosing things...

5m2a the hunt i dont know where to place it... it seems from the slate number that ii goes before jeke gets his banshee or and alternate for that.. but then since jake says he is a great flying hunter just before the leonopteryx attack, maybe a delete scene was there....

What hometree destruction use?

Is the small insert not in the CD mix tracked or not?

I'm sure "The Hunt" would go after "Jake Flies His Banshee" it's definitely for a deleted scene. Some of these cues have either the same or wrong slate number for some reason.

now im puzled. I edited in the insert of Fight to the death and noticed there is no increase in length.

The insert has two segments (a & b)

And the full cue has the same segments but on the contrary order (b & a)

Which is the correct one????? I suppose the full cue...

The film version is rather different too. Is it tracking or alternate?

The film version is a bit of both for tracking and alternate. The alternate segment is at the beginning. Also the film version has been edited a bit.

More suggestions.

I think i'm going to use for the main body of the score the 'alternates' instead of the film versions. I think some featue the original vision and may be more cohesive within the score.

Example: First look. The film version has the 'spirit of the forest' theme while the alternate has more tematical conection with 'you dont dream in cryo'. The spirit music does not make much sense, as none of those seeds is on screen, and Jake not knowing about them cannot make the connection. Sound like an alternate forced by the director...

About true legs alternate, i think it is used on the film version of 'battle plan' with the rythm looped troughot the rest of the cue (that is part of the battle plan 'alternate'. I'm still deciding what to use... well it was called 2m0, maybe its 9m0 instead...

Into the navi world.... i like better the alternate (album) version... it seems it was written for a longer scene. It has more thematical connection with Jake enter's his avatar world.

3m3 (source intrumental) i think it is an alternate of the chant version.

I HATE tracking.

OK, Both 'your real legs' are either slatenumber mislabeled or tracked.

The film version is mixed with 'jake prays to eywa' and the alternate is mixed with battle plan as i sayd earlier.

Now i dont know if 'your real legs' was meant to have music or not... and those actual pieces are overlays for the ones i mentioned... i'm thinking on the latter since the snare drums on your real legs are also in the original version of jake prays to eywa.

the motif when the seeds of the soul tree are on screen.

Well, Here is my TRACKLIST.

Input is much accepted as i made some arbitrary choices.

NOTE: Eliminate silences at the beginning and ending (and middle) of most cues.

This is how i think could go Horner's Original vision. If you prefer film versions, just change the tracks from those in CD 3. All tracks from 5cd set except when noted.

Tracklist with tracksnames to identify them.

CD1 80:00 min

01 "You don't dream in cryo...." 1m1 You Dont dream in Cryo

02 Quaritch speech 1m4 Quaritch Speech

03 First look 1m5 Unused

04 Jake enters his avatar world 2m1 Jake enters his avatar world

05 Into the Na'vi world 2m2 unused Redo (Into de Na'vi World alt)

06 Exploring 2m3a Exploring

07 Thanator chase 2m3b Thanator Chase (I suppose most will use the one from the 3cd set, but the ending is different, i dont mind the echoed drums, after all this score is so enthic-electronic that it may even be intended...)

08 Found and lost 3m1 Pure spirits of the forest (38 secs) + 3m1 Excerpt

09 Viperwolves attack 3m1 Viperwolves

10 Pure Spirits of the forest/Jake Meets the Na'vi 3m2 Jake Meets the na'vi

11 Na'vi Hometree chant 3m3 Na'Vi Hometree Chant

12 Na'vi Hometree source 3m3 Unused (I suppose it is an alternate of 3m3 or 3m4)

13 Sleep 3m5 Sleep

14 The Plan 4m1 The Plan

15 The village/Jake's forst ride 4m2 v815ish

16 The Hallelujah Mountains 4m3a The Floating Mountains Pt. 1

17 The shack 4m3b The Floating Mountains Pt. 2a

18 Hometree/Ikran - The mountain banshee 4m3d The Floating Mountains Pt. 3

19 Becoming one of "The People" 4m4 Vocal Version

20 Bioluminescence of the night 4m5 Unused

21 The school incident/Climbing up "Iknimaya - The Path to Heaven" 5m1 Climbing Up Iknimaya

22 Jake gets his banshee 5m2 Flight of the Banshee (orig pts 1 & 2) Split at 2:40 (that is, before eliminating the silences)

23 Jake's first flight 5m2 Flight of the Banshee (orig pts 1 & 2) (Mix the OST solo voice ending)

24 Death from above 5m3 Intro

25 Great Leonopteryx 5m3 Leonopteryx

26 The hunt 5m2 The Hunt (i suppose the real reel name is 5m4)

27 Jake's video log 6m1 Unused

28 A man of my word 6m2 A man of my Word

29 Becoming one with Neytiri 6m4 Jake & Neytiri (unused)

CD2 78:45 min

01 Scorched earth 6m5 Scorched Earth (alt)

02 Quaritch pulls the plug 6M6b Quaritch Pulls Plug

03 No reasoning 6m7 No Reasoning

04 The Skypeople are coming 7m1 The Skypeople Are Coming

05 The destruction of Hometree 7m2 Hometree Destruction (Pick Up) replace ending with 7m2 - Hometree Destruction (End Choir Alt)

06 Shutting down Grace's lab 7m3 With Ethnic Voice (this is the only film version i'm using but horner used it on the OST so i suppose it is his intended version)

07 Escape from Hellgate 7m4 The Escape

08 Help for Grace 8m1 Help for Grace

09 Toruk Macto 8m2 Bonding With Leonoptryx (Child)

10 Na'vi funeral chant 8m3 Funeral Chant (Sweetener) = Na'Vi Funeral Chant

11 Asking for help 8m4 Prayers for Grace

12 Healing ceremony 8m5 Grace's Death

13 Gathering all the Na'vi clans for battle 8m6 Gathering the Na'Vi Clans

14 Quaritch takes over 8m7 Quaritch Takes Over

15 Battle plan 9m1 Batle plan

16 Jake prays to Eywa 9m2 Jake Prays to Eywa

17 War 9m3 War

18 The battle continues 9m4 The Battle Continues

19 Quaritch down 9m5 Quaritch Down

20 Fight to the death 10m1 Fight to the Death (add the original opening replacing the part and the insert at around 1:59 replacing the existing music, it is the same but in different order)

21 A new beginning 10m2 A New Beginning

22 Eyes open 10m3 Eyes Open

23 I see you (Theme from Avatar)* 10m4 I See You (Theme From Avatar)

* Performed by Leona Lewis

CD3 Alternate bonus tracks 68:36

01 "You don't dream in cryo..." 1m1 You Don't Dream In Cryo (Film version) From 3Cd set Just to fill the CD.

02 First look 1m5 First Look

03 Into the Na'vi world 2m2 Into the Na'Vi World

04 Thanator chase 2m3b Thanator Chase Part 2 (From 3cd set mind you that it is mislabeled as part 1)

05 Sleep 3m5 Sleep (Less Tinkly)

06 The Village/Jake's fisrt ride 4m1 Lessons 1

07 Hometree 4m3c The Floating Mountains Pt. 2b

08 Becoming one of "The Peope" 4m4 Becoming One of The People

09 Bioluminescence of the night 4m5 Night Iridescence (From 3cd set)

10 The school story (w/o synth overlay) 5m1 (used instead of 6m1)

11 Climbing up "Iknimaya - The Path to Heaven" 5m1r Climbing Up Iknimaya (Alt)

12 Jake0s first flight 5m2 Jake Flies His Banshee + 5m2 Filmend (orig ending) = Jake Flies his Banshee with Alternate ending Mix around 2:30.

13 Becoming one with Neytiri 6m4 Mated For Life

14 Scorched earth 6m5 Scorched Earth

15 The destruction of Hometree 7m2 Hometree Destruction (Pick Up) Just to fill the CD

16 Shutting down Grace's lab 7m3 Shutting Down Grace's Lab + 7m3 - Long End P-U = Shutting Down Grace's Lab Alternate long ending. Mix around 1:50.

17 Help for Grace 8m1 Help for Grace (Extra Percussion)

18 Toruk Macto 8m2 Bonding With Leonoptryx

19 Na'vi funeral chant 8m3 Funeral (this is the film isolated track and the sweetener is the chorus on he background for that same scene. I mean the sweetener is contained on this cue.)

20 Healing ceremony 8m5 Grace's Death (Percussion)

21 Battle plan 9m1b Battle Plan

22 Jake prays to Eywa 9m2 Jake Prays to Eywa (Alt)

23 Quaritch down 9m5 Quaritch Down (Alt Open) Film Edit

24 Fight to the death 10m1 Fight to the Death

25 End credits (Edit) 10m5 + 10m6

really... i tought this was regarded as the best movie of the year, and the recording sessions the most seek out footwarmer in recent months. Yet once it surfaced...almost no discussion, opinions... etc...

I expected something similar to Indy or prequels resource threads...but nothing...

I'm even puzzled since, me, one who thinks this is just a nice pastiche score spent more than 24 h editing it....

Where is eveyone??? :lol:

24hrs?? That's devotion. It seems you find the score to be even more "sublime" and "freakin' awesome", than I do :)

well, it was not non-stop 24 h :lol:

Ok, new bits of interest (did i say that i HATE tracking?)

'Pure spirits of the forest', the full cue that includes jake meets the na'vi has from 2:33 to 3:09 part of 4m4 Lessons.

So, as the lessons cue goes, there seems to be a fight in the middle.

Maybe an extended scene of Jake meets neytiri featured a fight when she angers at him following her just before the seed arrives. And in the movie only the talking appears... I like this idea but maybe some cut lessons scene was before 'becoming on of the people'...

Or it was completely tracked into 'pure spirits...'

EDIT: It seems not tracked. Maybe the lessons cue is truly 4m4 and the other is like a 'hint' of things to come, as Jake pleads neytiri to teach him.

I'm not sure where everyone is... In any case, I've been listening to the recording sessions almost non stop. Maybe it's because the 3 CD that was previously leaked took the wind out of this.

The 4m4 Lessons cue definately could go before becoming one of the people. because i remember now that when geting the banshee, neytiri says to jake to do as she taught him. The lessons cue sounds like a comical scene with some action, that could be some animal jake has to fight to make the bond. (obviously something less dangerous than a real ikran or neytiri's tamed one - the cue has some ending passage that sounds like when neytiri shows jake what an ikran is)

Wishful thinking...

Another thought. (Damn i want to finish this and burn it, and forget it for awhile...)

Night iridescence seems tracked...the beginning and end i have yet not place them, but the middle part seems to be tracked from Mated for life, alt or film version... or the film version has tracked material from night iridescenece...

Bioluminescence of the night seems to match, as the 'sad piano' piece runs with the navi funeral and the deer hunt, more or less.

The Script gives great insight on the ordering of unused music:

- There is a sad scene between Grace and Jake before 'climbing up' where she talks why the school was closed.

Thats where 5m1 (used instead of 6m1) goes. And the 5m1 - Climbing Up Iknimaya which includes it with added synth could be a final version already mixed for the uncut version of the movie.

- The hunt goes after 5m3 Leonoptyx, there is a flying hunt scene with all five hunters (Jake, tsusey, neitiry, the two youngsers) hunting over a horde of direbeests.

There is nothing to help placing 4m4 Lessons. The becoming one with the people montage features a lot of small unused scenes, but the tone of this cue does not fit. Ans since a montage is in the script, i dont think it could go before or after it.

My best bet is that it is instead 4m2, and alternate-early version for Neytiry teaching jake to ride a direhorse. The tone matchs here better.

Most of my own findings have been posted here by you and others already. I'll see and try to figure out if I have anything to add.

Good observations Manuel. Very helpful regarding all those cues. When we have only the obviously shaky cue list to work with, placing all the music has been a bit difficult. I do not have the script so your notes based on that info will be put to good use. ;)

4m4 Lessons is very tricky to place as you said. I actually thought it could be from 4m2 Jake's First Ride as well based on the tone and the cue name points to this direction. It also doesn't sound flowing enough for the Becoming One of the People montage.

EDIT:

The Night Iridescence sounds tracked but I just can't seem to place the cues it is taken from. As you said it sounds like part Mated for Life but I can't find the ending with the ethnic flute solo anywhere.

Have you noticed how the ending of Bioluminescence of the Night seems a bit similar to the 5m1 with the violin solo even though it ends with all those twinkling percussions sounds? Could it be that this piece was meant to underscore both the hunt scene and the cut Grace and Jake scene you mentioned?

The Night Iridescence sounds tracked but I just can't seem to place the cues it is taken from. As you said it sounds like part Mated for Life but I can't find the ending with the ethnic flute solo anywhere.

The 'problem' with this score is that it seems to be a lot of synth overlays to help flow the edits, since re-recordings would not be possible late in the game. And since the original music also has some synth to it, sometimes you dont know if a piece was originally written like that or if it is a film edit that sounds 'alternate' because it has similar music but with (synth) differences.

And also lots of vocal performances and solo instruments that can be overlayed anywhere...

Have you noticed how the ending of Bioluminescence of the Night seems a bit similar to the 5m1 with the violin solo even though it ends with all those twinkling percussions sounds? Could it be that this piece was meant to underscore both the hunt scene and the cut Grace and Jake scene you mentioned?

Yeah, i had dismissed 5m1 (used instead of 6m1) to the alternate disc because it seemed putting two similar/alternates cues together and i dont like the listening experience of that, but with my findings today i changed the tracklist (where i had explained it).

As i see it now, 1st goes 'Becoming one with the people' (which is part 1 of the hypotetical uncut training montage) then 'Bioluminescence of the night' (part 2 of that montage up to the deer hunt) and then 5m1a where Grace tells Jake what happened at the school and then 5m1b Climing up Iknimaya. The synth on what i'm calling 5m1a, could be one of those cues with intened synth overlays (ie finished cue). 5m1 (used instead of 6m1) is the raw piece, with only the orchestra.

The script also help me in reafirming my ussage of the longer 'into the na'vi world' for the full score. There is a longer a longer scene with includes a shot of a herd of sturmbeests.

The script can be downloaded from one official FOX site: click if you want to take a look. There are some nice scenes that could have been included, but i suppose the film would be too long.

The moment a legal promo CD is leaked and people don't pay to get it, it becomes a bootleg.

As far as i know, no first-hand person pay for promos.

I think selling a promo is more illegal than sharing it. The ebay auction is worse thank a link in some obscure forums.

'For promotional use only. Not For sale'

Actually, every time the studios have tried to enforce such restrictions in court they've lost. Basically, under the law, once they give away (or sell) a disc, the physical piece of plastic becomes the property of the recipient, who can than sell it or do whatever he/she pleases with it. So long as no duplication is made, the studio/label has no say in the matter, no matter what warnings they stamp on the disc.

Is 5m1b Quaritch pulls the plug a synth 'demo' cue. My ears tell me it sounds like (really good) synth.

But i'm sometimes tonedeaf...

To me it sounds like a genuine orchestral cue. Or it is a REALLY good synth mockup. I'll listen to this more later.

And this piece could be also an alternate version of the No Reasoning, underscoring Quaritch first noticing Jake on the camera and then proceeding to arrest him.

Oh and a question about the Scorched Earth alternates. The cue list has two of them (even same length 3:39) but they are infact identical right?. I think the film version is a composite of the original and the alternate cue, starting much like the alternate but part of the original version is edited in with those sickly sliding violin figures and the more dramatic danger motif rendition ending of the original.

The cue list also lists Death of Grace Alternate (length 2:55) but this is infact identical to the alternate of Prayers for Grace. Or have I completely messed up my 5 disc set while re-ordering things? :D

The film version of Death of Grace (from the 3 disc promo) contains a different mix that omits the chanting male voice at the end. I do believe this was not included in the 5 disc set.

The first one "6m5: Sorched Earth" is fully used in the film I compared it to be sure. The other two alternates, they are in fact identical cues.

The first one "6m5: Sorched Earth" is fully used in the film I compared it to be sure. The other two alternates, they are in fact identical cues.

Ah thanks for the info. I was not exactly sure of the Scorched Earth as I have not made a full comparison with the film yet. Somehow the beginning of the cue did not sound familiar to me and I did not remember it from the film but there are sound effects quite heavily at the start of that scene so I must have figured it wrong.

Many tracks are doubled.

FUrthermore in case you did not notice:

Most of the tracks come from one source (recording sessions propper) (mp3 have no picture)

Lessons and Quaritch pulls the plug come from another source (mp3s have picture of the DVD)

Most of film versions come directly from the 3CD set. (mp3s have picture of the 3CD set). Do not trust these to identify tracks (name them or label them as alternates) as they comprise tracking and edits.

I suggest to use the propper recording sessions cues where possible. (I mean the 3CD set are edits not true alternates/film versions.)

Is 5m1b Quaritch pulls the plug a synth 'demo' cue. My ears tell me it sounds like (really good) synth.

To me it sounds like a genuine orchestral cue. Or it is a REALLY good synth mockup. I'll listen to this more later.

And this piece could be also an alternate version of the No Reasoning, underscoring Quaritch first noticing Jake on the camera and then proceeding to arrest him.

Please listen to it and tell me, i will trust your judgement (and ear).

If it is synth, i think it will be a demo version of 'No Reasoning' instead of 'quaritch pulls the plug' which may not have been scored.

Please listen to it and tell me, i will trust your judgement (and ear).

If it is synth, i think it will be a demo version of 'No Reasoning' instead of 'quaritch pulls the plug' which may not have been scored.

I have listened to Quaritch Pulls the Plug now for a couple extra times and I believe it is a genuine orchestral cue and not synth demo. Actually I believe this is the original 6m6 Quaritch Pulls the Plug cue and the version in the film (that is not on either the 3 disc or the 5 disc set) most likely an edit (sounds like it is collection of percussion pieces from all over the place). The version we have on the 5 disc set corresponds pretty well to the scene in question almost down to specific synch points for action and cuts. The longer running time could be explained with the short fight with staves between Tsu'tey and Jake that is mentioned in the script, which might have been in the scored version of the film and then cut.

And thus i Will use it. Thanks :rolleyes:

Damn, the end credit edit does not fit in the 2nd cd of my re-arranged tracklist. The heck with it... it came from the 3CD set. To disc 3 it goes.

"Quaritch Pulls The Plug" is definitely NOT a synth demo. Where it would go is where they had tracked music in the scene where Incanus mentions.

The one on the 3-CD isolated score (aka promo) is in fact the alternate of "Scorched Earth".

Oh and Luke I've gone back and done a comparison to "Viperwolves Attack"...you're right the original is longer. All though there is some orchestration difference in the film version part...I think I can do a good edit of the two combined.

Incanus, for "Death Of Grace" which you called "Prayers For Grace" (as did I), on the 3-CD isolated score is the film version, the one on the 5-CD set is the original with out those drum over dubs. Also you are right about the playing of the music. The first part of "Gathering The Na'vi Clans" would be the actual piece that scores when Grace dies.

Whay version of FIght to the death are you using guys? The one provided or are you inserting the insert?

The other day for me it sounded more natural with the insert, but today it is the other way around...

For my edit I used the original version when the drums come in at the beginning (after the weird noise from the isolated score) then I put the inserts back where they belonged. I'm going with the original intended edition.

I have not yet done any serious editing, just removing too long silences from the beginning, middle and end of the tracks. I am not that good at editing material together so I doubt if I can blend e.g. the Fight to the Death segments together very easily.

For my edit I used the original version when the drums come in at the beginning (after the weird noise from the isolated score) then I put the inserts back where they belonged. I'm going with the original intended edition.

But aren't inserts composed to fix-change an original cue?

Like those Last crusade cues. Williams wrote the cue and then decided to insert some small pieces, possibly after Director's request or further movie tinkering.

Unless the track on avatar is the finished form with the new insert, and the 'insert' is not a true insert, just the music that was replaced put in a small track for completeness.

I'm pretty sure the way how I have it edited, was how it was originally meant to be. If you listen to the synth demo from the so called "Deluxe Edition", you'll hear those inserts. The final cue was cut up pretty badly in the film.

For the hell of it I decided to listen to the film versions of "Quaritch Down" and "Fight To The Death" from the 3-CD set that originally surfaced and man I couldn't take the edits. I never really noticed them before until I started listening more and more to the intended editions of those two cues.

That so called "FYC Promo" or rather isolated score just ugh...those edits...gah...makes my ears bleed (well not really).

Did you guys see the video someone made of the video of the film cued with the original scored War through Quaritch Down sequences? It's awesome, and much, much better

I've been thinking about something, for 4m3c - The Floating Mountains (Part 2b), what's at the beginning of 4m3d - The Floating Mountains (Part 3), and for on the 3-CD "FYC" (aka isolated score) Track 18 (Disc 1) - The Floating Mountains (Part 2) if this is all the same cue but different variations of it?

Of course we all know that the one on the 3-CD set is the film version...but what about the other two?

I've been thinking about something, for 4m3c - The Floating Mountains (Part 2b), what's at the beginning of 4m3d - The Floating Mountains (Part 3), and for on the 3-CD "FYC" (aka isolated score) Track 18 (Disc 1) - The Floating Mountains (Part 2) if this is all the same cue but different variations of it?

Of course we all know that the one on the 3-CD set is the film version...but what about the other two?

I have been thinking along the same lines about Floating Mountains Part 2b (4m3c). To me it sounds like an alternate version of the beginning of 4m3d, underscoring Jake and Neytiri ascending to the Ikran nests in the Hometree. The 4m3c uses the Nature/Pandora theme and the 4m3d uses Jake/Na'Vi(?) theme. The 3 Disc set has the obvious edit in Disc 1 track 18 - Floating Mountains Part 2 (Film version) which uses Floating Mountains Part 2a (4m3b)and adds part of the Nature/Pandora theme from the Floating Mountains Part 1 (4m3a) (I think) to the end. This edit covers the same scene with Jake and Neytiri.

I have been thinking along the same lines about Floating Mountains Part 2b (4m3c). To me it sounds like an alternate version of the beginning of 4m3d, underscoring Jake and Neytiri ascending to the Ikran nests in the Hometree. The 4m3c uses the Nature/Pandora theme and the 4m3d uses Jake/Na'Vi(?) theme. The 3 Disc set has the obvious edit in Disc 1 track 18 - Floating Mountains Part 2 (Film version) which uses Floating Mountains Part 2a (4m3b)and adds part of the Nature/Pandora theme from the Floating Mountains Part 1 (4m3a) (I think) to the end. This edit covers the same scene with Jake and Neytiri.

That does make sense and I knew the film version was an edit from "The Hallelujah Mountains" and another cue.

Another thing I can't help but wonder, if the original 3-CD set (the isolated score) that surfaced if the DVD was meant to have an isolated score but was dropped.

I talked about it some posts back, yes i think that 4m3c is an alternate to the beggining of 4m3d. I called this litte transitional fanfare 'Hometree' in my tracklist.

I dont really know which one would be the one that Horner composed first. But I think that 4m3d is the original cue (being complete), and 4m3c is the rescore.

As I stated too I wonder with the original 3-CD "FYC" set, that an isolated score for the DVD release had been planned but was scrapped at the last minute.

19 Becoming one of "The People" 4m4 Vocal Version

You know, that really pleases me to see someone use the vocal version in their edit. So many people liked the film version better which I thought was awful in comparison. I was so disappointed with that.

If Horner selected if for the OST it was for something.

:(

Trent it is also possible that the 3cd set comes from the post-production booth, someone got the music track and transfered it.