Koray Savas

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in seeing a longer Avatar. I think it's long enough as it is.

Blockbuster movies need to shrink their runtimes back down to the proportions of Raiders of the Lost Ark et al.

Just six minutes added? For most people it'll just be like watching the same movie again

The only thing that motivates me to see it again anyway is the 3D, and unfortunately we're still some way off that in the home.

• 5 months later...

WOW!

10629_front.jpg

The Collector's Edition of James Cameron's Avatar, expected for November 16, hasn't been formally announced yet, but information about its substantial content is already appearing on the web. This three-disc edition will include over an hour of deleted scenes, a 2-hour-plus documentary and over four hours of other special features.

According to South African retailer Take 2, disc 1 will contain the movie, in three versions: the original theatrical release; the theatrical special edition (with 8'02" of additional footage); and the Collector's Extended Cut (with 15'54" of additional footage).

Disc two, titled "Filmmaker's Journey", will reportedly include Braving New Worlds: A Journey beyond Avatar (runtime 2h30'), the documentary A Message from Pandora (20'), and 66 minutes of deleted scenes.

Disc three, titled "Pandora's Box", will contain over four hours of additional special features, including "scene deconstruction," and over one hour of "Live Extras."

In turn, the British Board of Film Classification has recently classified the following Avatar content:

• Extended Edition Rerelease - New Scenes (runtime 30'36")
  • Special Edition Rerelease - New Scenes (runtime 16'5")
  • Production Material - Crew Film: The Volume (runtime 31'39")
  • Production Shorts - Sound Design (runtime 8'50")
  • Capturing Avatar (runtime 98'23")
  • Production Shorts 2 (runtime 45'30")
  • Editing Avatar (runtime 6'58")
  • Production Materials (runtime 77'44")
  • Production Shorts - The Haka: The Spirit of New Zealand (runtime 5'17")
  • 3D Preview - Pandora Discovered (runtime 7' 43")
  • Production Shorts 1 (runtime 24'42")
  • The Night before Avatar (runtime 4'46")
  • Production Materials - Brother Termite Test (runtime 1'55")
  • Deleted Scenes (runtime 68'4")

Additionally, German site Area DVD also lists the featurettes titled WETA Workshop: Walk And Talk Presentation (runtime 11'); Speaking Na'vi (runtime 6'); and four screen tests.

Note that all of the above must be considered unofficial until there is a formal announcement from the studio.

bolding is mine

From http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5223

Oh ya that sucker will be mine on Blu-Ray. I purposefully held off buying the single disc version that was released because I knew this version was coming. Bring on the Collector's Blu-Ray Edition of AVATAR!

Small update.

The original theatrical and special-edition versions will include a "Family" audio track with all objectionable language removed.

:)

Oh good. That way, no young children will have to be exposed to vicious interplanetary warfare and bare-ish blue boobies.

Oh, wait...