Live and Let Dead

Quintus

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get it, didn't MGM already go bankrupt? And Sony bought them? How are they going bankrupt again?

Yeah, I said over at FSM that I doubt this is the end of Bond or of Craig's era. If anything it will give EON a chance to get a really good film organised, like the one they made in the gap after Die Another Day. What was it again? Anyway, there's been suggestions that this is a scare tactic on EON's part to spur MGM into some kind of drastic action, since Bond is likely the only thing keeping them on life support. There has to be, in this day and age, some way for Bond to go to a different studio - I'm sure there's plenty of studios happy to pick up the franchise (with Fox and Sony having dealings with the franchise in the past), but the problem would be with MGM's stake in the rights after the Saltzman departure. I think either way this won't be a huge issue in the long run, it will either A) Lead to a better Bond picture under new studio direction or B) Begin soon when MGM jumps and magically sorts things out. In regards to The Hobbit, that is a trickier situation in that The Lord of the Rings are a distant memory in the public conscious and by the time The Hobbit (Part I) comes along, I'm not sure it will be such a huge drawcard. Maybe this means it will perhaps be freed up easier; however I haven't heard much about The Hobbit's development, but it seems not much has been done and it has also been pushed back. A similar announcement might come from Jackson's camp soon regarding The Hobbit's fate.

Just great. We finally get a Bond that's great again, and then problems at MGMresult in the production team for Bond 23 suspending development of the movie "indefinitely." I hope this doesn't end up like the long delay after Licence to Kill, with Bond returning with a completely different actor <_< ...

MGM is part owner Bond after Salzman sold UA his share in the mid seventies. As far as I know, Columbia were not the sole financers for the last two (though I could be wrong) and that its not even certain whether they will even be involved with the next film.

I hope this doesn't end up like the long delay after Licence to Kill, with Bond returning with a completely different actor angry.gif ...

Unsurprisngly, the UK press (such as it is) has also caught on to this, and are already betting on frontrunners should Craig go the Dalton way.....man at the top of the list at the mo is apparently Sam Worthington....though I'm still holding out for Jamie Bamber or Colin Salmon, should Craig (unfortunately) decline to return for any reason.

I hope this doesn't end up like the long delay after Licence to Kill, with Bond returning with a completely different actor angry.gif ...

Unsurprisngly, the UK press (such as it is) has also caught on to this, and are already betting on frontrunners should Craig go the Dalton way.....man at the top of the list at the mo is apparently Sam Worthington....though I'm still holding out for Jamie Bamber or Colin Salmon, should Craig (unfortunately) decline to return for any reason.

I saw the same Worthington story as well. That'd be a terrible idea.

I'm not sure it's all as finite as people seem to think. 007 and The Hobbit is a pretty big cash crop.

I'm afraid I agree about Sam Worthington. I've only seen him in Avatar and Clash of the Titans, but I found his performance in both to be completely wooden. Something about his face and voice that I just can't find any real emotion in.

I liked him in TERMINATOR SALVATION, but he was, well, playing a robot.

A lot of people bring up Clive Owen, but I can never see him as Bond. And I think it'd be a shame to get rid of Craig. It's a surprisingly hard role to cast, though. I'm having trouble coming up with anyone half as suitable as DC.

Oh, I like Daniel Craig. I hope he does another Bond film or two, but Clive Owen is awesome. He'd be my first choice to play Bond. He's got great humor and can do action, something akin to his BMW Films would be great.

...imagine a Bond actor with the first name Jamie... oh man.