John Williams in Boston

Jay

Hi, I am already back in Czech Republic. I have recorded 2 shows (12 & 13 May) so I will make some camera mix :) ... Can someone send me please the recording of the radio show?

jwaja.jpg

and signed version :)

jwpodpis.jpg

He also signed my baton and music sheets with his music :).

Hey, my mom and I met you after the show! We were walking together!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all terrific reports, thanks for sharing! Great to see so many folks from Europe going the distance.

I really need to get myself over to Boston next year!

- Tim

Nice. A little strange that the autograph sessions are now being done outside rather than the lobby to the right of the stage. At one point they were even ushering fans up to the dressing room.

As for the seating locations, it's true that sitting at orchestra level doesn't allow you to see beyond the strings, but it does offer you the best sound though. I find that strings all too often get drowned out by the brass when sitting in the balconies (it's even worse in other concert halls). Whatever you do don't sit in the balconies on the right side of the orchestra... all you hear is the "pwomp... pwomp" sound coming from the tuba. The left side is OK since you're farthest from the brass. Besides, apart from percussion, the string players are the only ones show movement. The other sections the only movement you see are the players' fingers on the keys.

Sad that I couldn't go this year since I can't miss work during the week and the Saturday night concert was an exclusive engagement with B.U., but I am looking forward to Tanglewood on Parade that is lining up to be an even larger tribute to Williams featuring both film music and concert works.

Here's that other picture: (thanks to Josef!)

4.jpg

You are welcome :lol:. I hope that someone recorded whole saturday show which was broadcasted.

Another video! I don't know what's the name of the first piece, but then they play the Raiders March (sadly, the ending is cutted)...

This is actually my recording, I got whole show from this place. I placed it to my FaceBook account and my "friend" downloaded this piece and uploaded to youtube without my permision.