What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I was responding to Koray actually, you slipped in ahead of me. But yeah in-game, they certainly could beef it up. Obviously the material is there to draw from. Don't they have like a 10 year plan? Maybe they're dragging it out a little too much.

Sadly large swathes of the game were completely rejigged towards the end of development, for reasons we'll possibly never know, although the Activision influence seems apparent.

The Taken King does actually improve the storytelling side of the game, especially with its dialogue and voice acting. But it could be some time or never before the much broader and deeper lore starts to be worked in (in a way which isn't completely throwaway).

Well I happen to like it. Some of it would lose a lot of magic translated into cutscenes or dialogue.

They could've still made it unobtrusive and optional within the game through diary/audio logs. The fact that you can't access any of that stuff within the game proper is a problem to me. I love the ambient, environmental storytelling that games are so adept at.

Also started playing Bioshock Infinite again. Is it just me or is this the most beautiful game ever made? Sure, there are many more recent games that have a more polished look (due to technological advancement) but the look of the universe on a conceptual level is just staggering. There's something of interest around nearly every nook and cranny.

I actually replayed the opening levels again recently. It is one of the most beautifully imagined game world's in memory, it can take your breath away. The PC version is astonishingly good looking as well.

Also started playing Bioshock Infinite again. Is it just me or is this the most beautiful game ever made? Sure, there are many more recent games that have a more polished look (due to technological advancement) but the look of the universe on a conceptual level is just staggering. There's something of interest around nearly every nook and cranny.

The two shorter episodes are worth your time also. To go back to Rapture but in a vastly different way was a stroke of genius.

I love this trilogy as well, with Bioshock 2 being the weakest. I'll be going through them once again in the near future. :D

And the story is as deep and engrossing as interactive storytelling can be. Not always easy to understand but the way it's told is awesome.

I agree that the artistic attention to detail is fantastic and I see them (Infinite especially) ageing effortlessly. In 10 years time it will still be a truly gorgeous world to explore.

I give up on Pandora's Tower,it's too hard with a classic controler (aiming a cursor on screen a lot) and I don't want to bother learning the motion controls of the Wii mote.

I may buy Tales of Zestiria this week, but new games are now 75$ here :(

Must resist watching. I hate these early gameplay walkthroughs. Like making you watch 20 minutes of an upcoming film you really want to see.

So stoked for this one... Basically why I bought Xbone (+ Halo Master Chief Collection).

Ah yeah, my bad. I mixed up Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.

Now I remember Rebel Strike being rather quite average. And Rogue Leader was indeed impressive.

I have one of those on the GameCube. Never really could wrap my head around the controls, on both the ground and some of the more excentric space missions. Great Williams-based scores by Huelsbeck in all of them though.

I like the music in the Uncharted series, there's some good cues in the sequels. I would never turn off or replace original music with some other track during a campaign playthrough.

The scores have been fine in the games, and the main theme has been a highlight from the start, but the underscore was best in the third game, with that gorgeous Jarre-inspired theme in the desert levels.

Ah yeah, my bad. I mixed up Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike.

Now I remember Rebel Strike being rather quite average. And Rogue Leader was indeed impressive.

I have one of those on the GameCube. Never really could wrap my head around the controls, on both the ground and some of the more excentric space missions. Great Williams-based scores by Huelsbeck in all of them though.

Indeed... despite the synthy nature of the music, it fits the SW universe very well.

The menu music of Rebel Strike is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLFjl0GOLpI

Indeed... despite the synthy nature of the music, it fits the SW universe very well.

The menu music of Rebel Strike is pretty cool.

The synths get more convincing with as the series progresses, as does the "orchestral" writing. But generally I was impressed how well Huelsbeck fared with the material, considering that he started out as the synth wizard on the C64 and Amiga.

I exchanged a bunch of old games at EBgames, got 135$ credit and pre-ordered Divinity:Original Sin for PS4

I plan to wait at least 3 months post release and several patches before I touch Fallout 4

A week for a video game? Please tell me your girlfriend gets the same amount of attention from you as video games do!

For the most part ;) My job gives me a ton of PTO, so I get to take several weeks off throughout the year.

Over the past couple weeks I went through and completed the Uncharted Collection. With the ever increasing amount of open world games, these concise and expertly executed adventures are a breath of fresh air. I've played them countless times before on PS3, but they never fail to enthrall me. Drake's Deception remains my favorite. Now I'm going to try and work my way through Golden Abyss on the Vita before the waves of new games start next month. I started it about a year ago but never finished. Shooters don't translate well to the Vita's control scheme, so I may give up on it again.

I still wish we got Star Wars 1313 instead of Battlefront.

Battlefront wasn't very high on my priority list either but the beta was fun enough.

And I think we'll be getting something in the vein of 1313 really soon.