What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I would be more than slightly miffed if TLG ended up cancelled, because I believe this game will be a piece of art, much like its predecessors. Timeless classics they are. Never lost interest, never lost hope.

And in other news, some excellent final levels in Halo 5. I had fun, the huge Prometheans sure are worthy adversaries. Pretty intense dynamic combat. Still haven't reached the end, one level to go I think.

Will comment on the music when I'm not distracted by all the intense action, flashy visuals and nonsensical story. What I heard was definitely not awful ! :)

Goddamnit, I want the kid to play Fallout 4! Why oh why isn't it released for the older consoles?!

Fallout was never about the graphics, the art direction is still superb enough to immerse you in the world.

Then what exactly do you mean with 'graphics'?

A game can be graphically not the most cutting edge (using an older engine for example), but can still be visually arresting and unique if the art direction is strong and consistent.

Which is why a game like Bioshock Infinite is still going to be a looker in 10 years time because the world design and artistic attention to detail is so stunning.

bioshock-infinite-columbia.jpg

Yes. When speaking about graphics in games people tend to confuse them with the art.

When I spoke earlier about Halo's graphics being "shit" I was strictly referring to the poor sub HD resolution presentation, distracting shadow/object pop-in and the engine's mediocre anti-aliasing solution AKA 'jaggies'. Because the art in the game is actually very good, and ought to have been really striking had it not been undermined by shortcomings in the Xbox hardware.

So I completed Halo 5, it was an alright campaign in hindsight, but definitely my least favorite. The storyline goes further away from what the first couple of Halo's did so well... create a strong, deep mythology that was about interesting characters and moments of grandeur and awe and witty banter between Cortana and the Chief. I honestly didn't give a flying f..k what went on in this one, plot-wise... Can't quite put my finger on it, but as 343 took over from Bungie something has gotten lost in the translation.

I also played some MP just to try it out, and even though I do find it extremely polished and stunningly designed, I'm not going to continue with it because quite simply I'm not into this kind of competitive gaming against far superior players.

On the other hand I've just finish the Elites (Sangheili) homeworld mission and it is easily one of the most spectacular Halo levels I've played out of 7 games in the series I've played thus far. It was pure Halo. For me 343i are no longer in Bungie's shadow, after that. The mission was fun, epic, stirring, gorgeously rendered and rich in sandbox emergence. That's what I need from a Halo campaign.

I'm very much enjoying it.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops III

Put a few hours into the multiplayer and have been enjoying it as much as one can playing these types of games solo. Something happened between PS3 and PS4 where my gaming friends either no longer play as much or we just don't buy the same games anymore. Destiny has been the only common denominator over the past couple years. Only reason I bring this up is because this game would be ace with a full party of friends. Black Ops II is my favorite COD game, so it's a nice return to form for the franchise. Ghosts and Advanced Warfare didn't really feel like COD. It rips more than a few pages out of Titanfall's and Destiny's playbook, but everything works for the most part. Haven't touched the campaign all that much. I was attempting to beat it on Realistic, their new difficulty mode, but not sure if I can stomach that one. You have to beat the game without getting hit once. Never been a fan of zombies, so I probably won't touch that at all.

Trying to rank up as much as I can this weekend before Fallout 4 hits on Tuesday. I also checked out some gameplay of Rise Of The Tomb Raider, and it looks fantastic. The reboot franchise is shamelessly copying Naughty Dog, but if its quality I really don't mind.

I have an Xbox but I'll wait for Tomb Raider to hit either PC or PS4 with all the inevitably bundled DLC at a later date. But mainly because it'll look and run like shit on the Microsoft console.

You talk like you've seen it in action already. Crystal Dynamics had all this time to focus on one console, so it shouldn't run like shit. And I don't expect it will.

I want to play it, but as I'm into other stuff for the moment I'm in no hurry. Besides I'll want to play the original first again. On Xbox One this time.

Well that was for the previous game (which I played on PC, so I can't comment on its performance on X360).

Like I said CD has only one consumer base to satisfy right now (for the time being).

To be honest I only ever thought the last game was just alright anyway. I prefer the original Core games over the action packed third person shooter cum adventure reboot which Square Enix thought the franchise should be. Uncharted already fills that genre well enough for me, and for my money in a superior way. Although Uncharted 3 was forgettable (Koray's favourite).

I'm in no rush to play The Dark Tomb Raider Rises.

I'm waiting for the Digital Foundry analysis to see if it's properly frame paced at 30fps (the presumed lock?) and if they managed a consistent 1080p presentation, just because I find that shit interesting.

I just finished playing "The Last of Us" and its DLC level on PS3 - very highly recommended. Enough that I'm buying the studio's other games, Uncharted. Since I can't really afford to upgrade to a PS4, I'll take my time getting cheap used PS3 "classics."

Figures Reach is ranked that highly, and its the only one not available on XboxOne :P

The backwards compatibility feature of Xbone will solve that oversight.

But it'd be neat to have it redone like ODST was, with the 60 fps.

NOPE! Halo Reach doesn't make the cut:

Xbox One’s backwards compatibility launch list is here – 104 games!

It's full of bugs and it crashes. I'll wait

I beat the Zombie Dragon in Tales of Zestiria...a 1 and a half hour intense fight .I like JRPG's for these epic optional boss fights

I like the Fallout series, it amazes me I've spent a ridiculous amount of hours in these worlds, but to say I want to return to another one now is stretching it. I've just completed New Vegas a few months ago.

I never got into Fallout. Played the last one for a while without getting pulled in. Come on Bethesda, give me The Elder Scrolls VI!

I don't understand since both series are essentially the same game. I've been waiting 5 years for this game, go play Morrowind ya weirdo!

My next game is Divinity: Original Sin The Enhanced Edition

It's a classic top-down, turn based RPG. I'm surprised the nostalgic gamers here haven't heard of it

I never got into Fallout. Played the last one for a while without getting pulled in. Come on Bethesda, give me The Elder Scrolls VI!

I don't understand since both series are essentially the same game. I've been waiting 5 years for this game, go play Morrowind ya weirdo!

The world of Elder Scrolls is much different than Fallout to be fair.

My next game is Divinity: Original Sin The Enhanced Edition

It's a classic top-down, turn based RPG. I'm surprised the nostalgic gamers here haven't heard of it

All I know about it is it's developed in my country. :D

And that it's quite popular with die-hard RPG fans.

So how many of the glitches will Fallout 4's subsequent updates fix? Will it be playable by the end of this year?

I have played for about 15 hours and have only encountered a sound syncing bug that was corrected by closing and relaunching the game.

The game is playable now.

They could orchestrate the major cues (which already exist) for key events in the game and use HQ synth recreations for the minor cues. I'd be okay with that, especially as sometimes I can't tell whether real instruments are used or not (like with Jeremy Soule for example).