What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Journey is also available on its own digitally without the other two games in the package (Flow & Flower).

It remains just as gorgeous and playable on PS3 though. The port for PS4 doesn't actually make it a better experience.

I want to hear Stefan's reaction when he gets to play it in 2025 on his brand-new second-hand PS3.

Still a rumor considering anyone can photoshop a picture together! Doesn't make sense to advertise it for the Uncharted bundle, considering it comes out in 5 days. When would it be announced? Tomorrow?

Sony's sales are so strong I don't see why they would cut the price so early into the console's life cycle. But considering they're cutting it in Japan, where sales aren't as strong, it could be possible as a countermeasure for having no games this holiday season.

PlayStation 4 price drop confirmed, starts tomorrow

A question for you Mr. Leblanc, when you eventually get the PS4, will you become less active on the forum, because I'd hate to miss out on all these most useful news flashes. ;)

I won't be buying a PS4 any time soon - I just bought a Wii U.

Speaking of that - I'm PISSED!

I received it on Tuesday, and it wasn't what was advertised - Mario 3D World and NintendoLand are pre-installed onto the system (taking up precious space of the 32GB it comes with), not on discs in normal cases like I was expecting. Apparently Nintendo manufactured 2 versions of the bundle, and I got the shitty one. So I'll have to return it. The wait continues....

Since you bring up the Wii U, I might as well state the unbelievable and confess I've only ever owned one Nintendo console (still do) and that's the Gamecube.

I was more of a Sega fanboy back in the day.

I love my Gamecube; Been playing Link's Awakening for GBC using the Gameboy Player adapter I've got on the bottom of the 'cube!

Way back in 2002 I bought the GC for that jaw-dropping Star Wars game Rogue Leader, after that came Metroid Prime and its sequel, Resident Evil and Zero and of course Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. So I bought it mainly for these precious exclusives which I still play to this day. Especially the Zelda's, they're timeless and in a class of their own. They're utterly charming, challenging and give the brain a good workout as well.

My Gamecube collection:

NGC.jpg

The only thing that annoys me is that I never picked up Four Swords Adventure until it was a Player's Choice title, so its spine doesn't match all my others :P

Oh, and I used to have Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, but I sold them off when I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii.  I regret that decision.

Road Rage is great!

I've actually never played Crystal Chronicles; I'm sure it sucks :P

Hmmm, looks like I sold off 007: Agent Under Fire at some point as well, for some reason.

I'm also kicking myself for never having picked up Mario Kart; Double Dash!!, and Luigi's Mansion.

Oh yeah Resi 2, 3 and 4 I got as well, but much later. By the time I had to pay for them I wished I bought them on release, because 2 and 3 did not come cheap. I bought them off of ebay and the seller knew what their market value was, pretty insane, but then I'm an insane game addict / collector as well.

And you a fan of the Master Chief too?

I have many fond memories of playing Halo 1 and 2 multiplayer back in the day. Over my friends house, with 4 of us in one room battling against 4 friends in teh next room - that was fucking epic.

Anyways, I never beat the single player campaign, so I never started Halo 2's single player campaign. And I never bought an XBox260 or XBone, so I haven't played the series since. Some day....

Oh, yeah... Rogue Leader. That game was awesome. Well, the flying sequences were. I remember the sequences on the ground being rather shoddy.

Factor 5 made Rogue Leader, which was the sequel to Rogue Squadron for the Nintendo 64 I believe. That one only had space missions. Like interactive scenes straight out of the movies. Quite the show-stopper.

Its sequel Rebel Strike featured a bunch of on foot missions, some of which were okay, others were a bit annoying. And it wasn't as succesful as Rogue Leader. And then Factor 5 made Lair, and that one bombed completely.

I have many fond memories of playing Halo 1 and 2 multiplayer back in the day. Over my friends house, with 4 of us in one room battling against 4 friends in teh next room - that was fucking epic.

Anyways, I never beat the single player campaign, so I never started Halo 2's single player campaign. And I never bought an XBox260 or XBone, so I haven't played the series since. Some day....

Well I got into Halo ONLY for the campaigns, the story, the whole mythology of the series which is pretty epic and deep and only got better as the series went on.

And like Hudson says about himself in Aliens, Master Chief is the ultimate bad-ass. :rock:

Yes, someday I want to play through the entire Halo series.

What's nice is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available for XBone, containing Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and 4, but annoyingly it doesn't contain Reach, so i'd need an XB360 to play that one :banghead:

Interesting, but not surprising that Lair was their final game. I never bought it, yet its score almost invited me to check it out a couple of times. It's supposed to be more playable after they fixed the control scheme.

Never played Lair, never listened to the score.

I read a lot of complains that the newer 2CD version of Lair was not chronological or complete...

Yes, someday I want to play through the entire Halo series.

What's nice is that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available for XBone, containing Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and 4, but annoyingly it doesn't contain Reach, so i'd need an XB360 to play that one :banghead:

Backwards compatibility on Xbox One. :)

I've played a bit of Battlefront this evening and did quite well on it. It's pretty decent, but also mechanically very simplistic; the 'skill gap' feels minimal, which to me is disappointing (and off-putting). Call of Duty heads will possibly love it.

Excellent. And I can use the actual XB360 disc, this isnt' some online-purchase-download bullshit right?

I read a lot of complains that the newer 2CD version of Lair was not chronological or complete...

Dude, what R U waiting 4 ! Lair is awesome and a must-have. Who cares if it's not chronological if you never played the game.

I've played a bit of Battlefront this evening and did quite well on it. It's pretty decent, but also mechanically very simplistic; the 'skill gap' feels minimal, which to me is disappointing (and off-putting). Call of Duty heads will possibly love it.

I tried it too for half an hour. I had fun, but I lost about three matches. But the graphics and Star Wars vibe are like a wet dream for the nut in me.

Excellent. And I can use the actual XB360 disc, this isnt' some online-purchase-download bullshit right?

I can't tell for sure. I hope it will be possible to insert the disc and the game will load.

I played a couple matches and thought it was good fun. Like you said though, seems too simplistic. I doubt it'll have long legs.

The 'defend the drop pods' mission was all about running and gunning, and dying even more.

I hope it will be possible to play against bots on a difficulty of my choosing. Ideally with the A.I. of the Killzone 2/3 bots or Halo covenant troops. :)

Just got the Uncharted HD Remaster. Can't comment too much on the game yet but the visuals are a bit inconsistent. There is some really nice scenery and the characters look okay from far away but once you get into a medium or close up shot, the characters start looking like greasy clay people.

They remastered it too much? :eek:

You know, I'm going to buy this for my brother and I'll hold on to his PS3 editions, I don't care about the 60 fps upgrade, because the video I saw, it looked way too smooth and unnatural. Besides, the original releases were already jaw-dropping in the visual department.

And Uncharted is about the gameplay, the story, the characters and general Indiana Jones atmosphere anyway.

It's something you might enjoy regardless.

Karol

Just got the Uncharted HD Remaster. Can't comment too much on the game yet but the visuals are a bit inconsistent. There is some really nice scenery and the characters look okay from far away but once you get into a medium or close up shot, the characters start looking like greasy clay people.

The original game needed the most work and was never visually superior to begin with. You should notice a step up by the second game, which was visually spectacular at the time (but it's obviously still not going to look that impressive by today's standards). The resolution and refresh also help with fidelity, but these are remasters and not remakes.

I tried the demo the other day and lost interest almost immediately. Great games, but I have zero interest in returning to them.

The original game needed the most work and was never visually superior to begin with. You should notice a step up by the second game, which was visually spectacular at the time (but it's obviously still not going to look that impressive by today's standards). The resolution and refresh also help with fidelity, but these are remasters and not remakes.

I tried the demo the other day and lost interest almost immediately. Great games, but I have zero interest in returning to them.

The demo looked great. Was that from the second one? Anyway, it played great too. I went through it about three times.

As for the actual game, I'm enjoying it. I'm not sold on the main character due to his resemblance in both appearance and personality to Nathan Fillion (who I generally dislike) and the general tone (including the score) reminds me more of National Treasure than it does Indiana Jones. (Not that it's a bad thing necessarily)

Of course the first one is excellent fun, but it's primarily a testing ground for what Naughty Dog would achieve with both sequels. Yeah both U2 and 3, superb gaming entertainment.