What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Drake's Fortune is a fantastic game but it's also a very old one. The technical hoops Naughty Dog had to go through to see that game to completion almost ended them. They built an entirely new engine from scratch. Once they had everything figured out they were able to push the PS3 to its limits with Among Thieves and Drake's Deception. Can't wait to dive back into these.

I needed a break...I haven't played anything in more than a week

Sitting on Pandora's Tower. Doesn't help to know there's a game freezing bug near the end of the game making it difficult to complete...apparently. And it's another modern game with fixed camera environments...I hate that

As for the games I'm looking forward to:

Tales of Zestiria

Star Ocean 5

Divinity:Original Sin

Fallout 4

Dark Souls 3

Final Fantasy XV

The calandar is pretty slim for big open world RPG's.

Just got to the second Jet Ski level in Uncharted. The one where you go upstream while dodging exploding barrels and enemy bullets. The awful ski controls are bad enough but having to constantly use them to stay upstream is making me feel legitimately nauseous. One of the worst levels I've played in recent memory, especially given that everything leading up to that point was relatively good.

Finally finished the first Uncharted. It's fun but very rough around the edges, with some sloppy interface and occasionally monotonous missions. I also don't care for the score, which leans too far to the "National Treasure" mold. Eventually, I turned the original music off and played the game to some classic Indiana Jones music instead. It fit the game much better IMO.

All in all, I'd probably give it a 7/10

I like the music in the Uncharted series, there's some good cues in the sequels. I would never turn off or replace original music with some other track during a campaign playthrough.

Been playing the new Destiny finally. That mission where you unlock your new class (in my case as a Warlock) is one of those "special" video game moments. Fantastic music and overall experience.

Finally finished the first Uncharted. It's fun but very rough around the edges, with some sloppy interface and occasionally monotonous missions. I also don't care for the score, which leans too far to the "National Treasure" mold. Eventually, I turned the original music off and played the game to some classic Indiana Jones music instead. It fit the game much better IMO.

Seriously? You keep coming back to National Treasure but Uncharted's inspirations lie in Firefly. As you said, Drake is a proxy for Malcolm and the sound of Greg Edmonsons's fantastic score comes straight from the show.

Seriously? You keep coming back to National Treasure but Uncharted's inspirations lie in Firefly. As you said, Drake is a proxy for Malcolm and the sound of Greg Edmonsons's fantastic score comes straight from the show.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Not a fan of Firefly either so I'd probably puts the similarities in the "semi-negative" categories personally.

Tales From The Borderlands

Episode 1 is free on the PS Store so I gave it a whirl and immediately bought the season pass. I usually wait until episodic games are all released and done with, but since I had already started I decided to just play through to Episode 4. Thankfully 5 will be out in a couple weeks. Absolutely love it, despite not being a huge fan of the actual Gearbox games. Funny, well-written characters and some truly awesome intro sequences make this Telltale's best game yet. The voice cast features the best of the industry, all of whom seem to be in almost everything these days. Troy Baker, Nolan North, Laura Bailey, and Ashley Johnson.

If you're a fan of this style of gaming, don't miss this one.

Episode 1 is free on the PS Store so I gave it a whirl and immediately bought the season pass. I usually wait until episodic games are all released and done with, but since I had already started I decided to just play through to Episode 4. Thankfully 5 will be out in a couple weeks. Absolutely love it, despite not being a huge fan of the actual Gearbox games. Funny, well-written characters and some truly awesome intro sequences make this Telltale's best game yet. The voice cast features the best of the industry, all of whom seem to be in almost everything these days. Troy Baker, Nolan North, Laura Bailey, and Ashley Johnson.

Does that one have memes in it too?

Does that one have memes in it too?

This is my main question. In the sense of if the Telltale game retains the kind of humor and general writing quality of the original games. If so I'm not that interested. For the most part I was not a fan of Gearbox's comedic style.

You have a PS4, Red? Episode 1 should still be free. Give it a try. Not exactly sure what you guys are asking about. It's sarcastic bumbling wittiness between the main characters. Baker more or less reprises his Delsin character from Infamous: Second Son. From what I've played of the actual Borderlands games, there is nothing close to the level of plot and characters like there are here.

You have a PS4, Red? Episode 1 should still be free. Give it a try. Not exactly sure what you guys are asking about. It's sarcastic bumbling wittiness between the main characters. Baker more or less reprises his Delsin character from Infamous: Second Son. From what I've played of the actual Borderlands games, there is nothing close to the level of plot and characters like there are here.

I downloaded it to PS4 today. I'll give it a shot. I'm a big fan of Telltale's if nothing else.

Finally formally started Fallout: New Vegas (I've played bits and pieces but never committed to it) and I'm enjoying so far. I prefer the general western atmosphere and visual aesthetic to the third Fallout game, whose signature dinginess never really appealed to me.

I did mod the shit out of it, bit by bit, until I made it crash and become unplayable. Then I went to Alaska and was motivated to play Skyrim. I modded the shit out of that too, and while it's still very stable, I haven't revisited it in months.

Has anyone ever bothered to read the massive Destiny grimoire? I just spent hours looking through some of it, it's absolutely staggering. I reckon it could well be the most extensive lore ever created for a video game. And it's all so rich and inventive and engrossing. The stuff about the origins of the Hive and Oryx… I mean, shit! Incredible stuff, with such a wonderful air of far-off myth. If only there were a way to make all of this stuff more readily accessible, the game could be immensely deeper for everyone playing it. But, I suppose that's the point of having a grimoire, to tell all of the stories you just can't in a game. Anyway, I recommend it for anyone who plays.

They tore all that out of the game a year before release - which is thought to be the reason writer Joseph Staten unexpectedly quit Bungie at the time. I haven't read it, no.

Still not sure if Destiny is something for me. It's from the creators of Halo, so I should've picked it up already but everytime I watch some gameplay video I'm turned off by it. Can't say what it is, something rubs me the wrong way. Also not quite knowing what its story is about keeps me a bit uninterested.

Is it a shooter like Halo, where you fight against enemy A.I. set in a fantastical environment and engrossing story or is just an all-out competitive fragfest where you need to upgrade obsessively to get to the good stuff? Do you fight against or with human players.

I generally don't like online multiplayer games. But if the mechanics are superb I might want to give it a try.

I've been a Halo nut since Halo 1 and picked up Destiny because it was Bungie. It's my favorite game and the vast majority of the game is played versus computer AI with human companions. The combat mechanics are incredibly well designed and executed. I even find them superior and MUCH deeper than Halo's.

However, do not pick up Destiny if you're averse to MMO grind and economy, and if you don't ever want to play alongside others. Because that's what the game is. To me Destiny is the best progression based FPS shooter ever made.

Has anyone ever bothered to read the massive Destiny grimoire? I just spent hours looking through some of it, it's absolutely staggering. I reckon it could well be the most extensive lore ever created for a video game. And it's all so rich and inventive and engrossing. The stuff about the origins of the Hive and Oryx I mean, shit! Incredible stuff, with such a wonderful air of far-off myth. If only there were a way to make all of this stuff more readily accessible, the game could be immensely deeper for everyone playing it. But, I suppose that's the point of having a grimoire, to tell all of the stories you just can't in a game. Anyway, I recommend it for anyone who plays.

Nah. Bungie should have kept the story in the actual game. No one wants to go to a website to read lore about the world they're playing in.

Mass Effect wins in that regard.

The story and lore in the original Mass Effect was absolutely brilliant, I remember thinking it'd make a great epic sci-fi movie. The story in Destiny on the other hand is shite.