What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

I dunno, I mean, the game has been in development since 2014, so I think maybe ND is using it to trying something a little different from what we are used to. Not that they are going to turn the IP into a Rockstar style of open world game, but maybe do something "bigger" than what they have done. 

Indeed.

But anyway, according to Neil Druckmann himself:

We began working on this game over five years ago. It’s hard to describe the immense pressure of following up the first game. We know how much you love this world and its characters — especially Ellie and Joel. Believe me, we’re fans as well. We love them. Which is why we spent years crafting a game that we feel will do them justice, telling a nuanced story that deals with the core question: how far would you go to exact justice against the people that hurt the ones you love? It’s a highly emotional story with complex themes that befit the world of The Last of Us. What we realized pretty early on is that we were putting together Naughty Dog’s most ambitious and longest game in our 35 year history. To tell this kind of story the game needed to be massive. Without spoiling too much, at the top of this post you can watch the brand-new trailer that we debuted earlier today on State of Play, which just scratches the surface of what the game has in store.

Source: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/the-last-of-us-part-ii-arrives-on-february-21-2020/

So yeah, it's going to be pretty massive.

The storytelling of the first one immensely gripping and compelling, though I'm more ambivalent about Last of Us as a video game itself. 

I'm most interested to see where they would take the gameplay this time around; for some reason it's hard for me to imagine them doing the lurker or screamer or whatever the zombies were called stealth thing again.

I forgot to mention I started Shantae and the Pirate's Curse the other night!

Image result for shantae and the pirate's curse

I have mixed feelings about it.  I LOVED the music, like LOVED it, and thought the overall art style and characters were pretty good.  Storyline doesn't mater, and the gameplay... the gameplay I found severely lacking.  Do things get better after some powerups or are you limited to a short range melee attack (your hair whip) the entire time?

I only got to the library area and the sewers underneath before I kinda lost interest and went on to somethin gelse.

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

I forgot to mention I started Shantae and the Pirate's Curse the other night!

I have mixed feelings about it.  I LOVED the music, like LOVED it, and thought the overall art style and characters were pretty good.  Storyline doesn't mater, and the gameplay... the gameplay I found severely lacking.  Do things get better after some powerups or are you limited to a short range melee attack (your hair whip) the entire time?

I only got to the library area and the sewers underneath before I kinda lost interest and went on to somethin gelse.

The story is a cute, more risque Friday afternoon kid's cartoon, and if I remember correctly you're very close to answering your own question about ranged attacks. In addition to projectile attacks, you can also upgrade your hair to have longer reach.

Finished OUTWARD

Almost a great game bogged down by too much preparation you have to do before exploring.

Gather ingredients,buy supplies from merchants, cook your food (that spoils after a while), prepare potions, sleep in a tent, drink water, eat , repair your weapons and armor before you can go out into the world to explore 30 minutes before your over encumbered and need to come back to sell stuff.  . And you need to restock on stuff everytime you go out .Walking from one city to another because you forgot something takes 15 minutes because of no fast travel  .And it doesn't get any less tedious after a few dozen hours gameplay because there's no "perks" to bypass some of this

Really a game that tests the  limit of patience but the game world was interesting to explore and full of secrets

I also like that you have no minimap or your placement on the world map.It forces you to learn the landmarks and look at the screen 

On 9/29/2019 at 3:39 AM, Quintus said:

If it tested your patience then I'm sure I'd have abandoned it after the first hour.

and you have to play 3 times to get the full story joining all factions.

Knowing where everything is it took me only 3 hours to get my character as powerful  as the previous one in NG+ so I might check out the other story lines without re-exploring everything

I learned of this game only yesterday. The gameplay looks similar to BOTW but it's not exclusive to Switch (Kartridge is a PC platform like Steam and GOG). 

18 hours ago, King Mark said:

and you have to play 3 times to get the full story joining all factions.

Knowing where everything is it took me only 3 hours to get my character as powerful  as the previous one in NG+ so I might check out the other story lines without re-exploring everything

The story's that good?

KH3 Another game where they force a crappy control scheme without providing alternatives.

Like FFXV  dodge on the square button, jump on O and attack on X .WTF literally every other game is the opposite. Long time fan: Yeah but it was like that in KH1 and KHH2 git gud...FUCK YOU. it's almost as bad as not providing an INVERT Y option

I can remap in the system menu but it fuck up all the in game menus again . not starting well

Sometimes, lol. I've bought a X360 in 2013 and played with it until about the following year. Then, after spending several years without a console, I bought a PS4 last year, and having been trying to keep up with the great releases of this and the former generation.

Oh, mostly the classics, lol. The Last of Us, Uncharted series... Last year, I played Spider-Man PS4 and I really liked it! Then, this year, I spent literally one semester with Red Dead Redemption 2. After that, I beat God of War, and now I'm waiting for the year end releases. Not sure if I'll get Death Stranding, but Jedi Fallen Order seems really cool.

It will sell millions, but I’m apprehensive about its dev cycle despite the talent at Respawn. A mere 16 months ago all we had was concept art. EA continually does this to its teams, and the outcomes of Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem don’t bode well for this game. 

I have a "second revision" PS4 pro (you can tell by the SKU).Apparently it's a lot less noisy than the initial model

I remember waiting for a specific revision of the original PS4 (I forgot why) and even xbox360 (it was the model that finally didn't have ROOD)