What is the last video game you played?

Quintus

Heh heh, Koray "abhors" grinding in Destiny yet he got himself to 29 anyway. That's some SERIOUS grind. I know exactly how long that takes to accomplish. I dunno, but if I "abhorred" something I'd just completely ignore and avoid it. To abhor something is to be utterly repelled by it. Level 29? Methinks somebody is full of shit ;)

Bloody drama queen :P

Just because I played the hell out of it doesn't mean I love it.

I'm gonna play Natural Doctrine, then my annual Christmas game, and Atelier game...this year Atelier Esha and Logy. This series has the funniest dialogue of all JRPG's I've played and really endearing characters

Heh heh, Koray "abhors" grinding in Destiny yet he got himself to 29 anyway. That's some SERIOUS grind. I know exactly how long that takes to accomplish. I dunno, but if I "abhorred" something I'd just completely ignore and avoid it. To abhor something is to be utterly repelled by it. Level 29? Methinks somebody is full of shit ;)

Bloody drama queen :P

Just because I played the hell out of it doesn't mean I love it.

Classic Koray.

I'm gonna play Natural Doctrine, then my annual Christmas game, and Atelier game...this year Atelier Esha and Logy. This series has the funniest dialogue of all JRPG's I've played and really endearing characters

Annual Christmas game? Does that mean there is one game you play every year, or you simply designate one new game each year as your Christmas game?

Have you been living under a rock? From a belgian newspaper:

Sinterklaas wordt tijdens de nationale intocht komende zaterdag in Gouda begeleid door agenten van speciale aanhoudingseenheden vermomd als Zwarte Piet. De undercover-pieten worden bewapend, maar wel zo onopvallend mogelijk, schrijft de Nederlandse krant AD.

Daartoe is besloten naar aanleiding van de felle zwartenpietendiscussie van de afgelopen tijd, verklaren bronnen binnen de politie tegen de krant. Er wordt sterk rekening gehouden met een botsing tussen voor- en tegenstanders van Zwarte Piet. Zowel de groep 'Pro Zwarte Piet' als de groep 'Kick out Zwarte Piet' komen in Gouda bijeen.

De undercover-agenten moeten opgaan in het gewone gevolg van Sinterklaas en ontkomen er niet aan te worden geschminkt. Het is onduidelijk of er bij eerdere intochten ook gebruik is gemaakt van pietenagenten, aldus het AD.

Annual Christmas game? Does that mean there is one game you play every year, or you simply designate one new game each year as your Christmas game?

No, this series has a new game every year, and I wait for the Christmas week to play it. These games are centered around alchemy and crafting items, but you explore areas to find the materials and follow the story

2 years ago I started with Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori and Atelier Meruru which was a trilogy for the PS3

Last year I played Atelier Ayesha

This year Atelier Esha and Logy

This series has been around since the PS2 but I didn't play those earlier ones. It's probably the 3rd biggest JRPG franchise behind Final Fantasy and Tales of..

Have you been living under a rock? From a belgian newspaper:

Sinterklaas wordt tijdens de nationale intocht komende zaterdag in Gouda begeleid door agenten van speciale aanhoudingseenheden vermomd als Zwarte Piet. De undercover-pieten worden bewapend, maar wel zo onopvallend mogelijk, schrijft de Nederlandse krant AD.

Daartoe is besloten naar aanleiding van de felle zwartenpietendiscussie van de afgelopen tijd, verklaren bronnen binnen de politie tegen de krant. Er wordt sterk rekening gehouden met een botsing tussen voor- en tegenstanders van Zwarte Piet. Zowel de groep 'Pro Zwarte Piet' als de groep 'Kick out Zwarte Piet' komen in Gouda bijeen.

De undercover-agenten moeten opgaan in het gewone gevolg van Sinterklaas en ontkomen er niet aan te worden geschminkt. Het is onduidelijk of er bij eerdere intochten ook gebruik is gemaakt van pietenagenten, aldus het AD.

They arrested 90 protesters, or terrorists as I personally consider them!

Did the Ubisoft collectibles grind hit yet? I've heard it does around the 20 hours mark, which is what happened with FC3 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I didn't finish FC3 because of it. Too many icons on the map! I hate that.

I do want to explore that fantastic looking sandbox nonetheless though, so I will be picking it up once it's been handsomely discounted.

Did the Ubisoft collectibles grind hit yet? I've heard it does around the 20 hours mark, which is what happened with FC3 and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I didn't finish FC3 because of it. Too many icons on the map! I hate that.

I do want to explore that fantastic looking sandbox nonetheless though, so I will be picking it up once it's been handsomely discounted.

It's not nearly as bad as AC Unity. You literally can't see anything but icons on the map for that one. But the set up is a bit like Watch Dogs in the types of side missions with a handful of collectible stuff. The wildlife is just hilarious though. I was roaming around and heard an eagle screech only to witness it dive bomb onto a pig and fly away with it squealing. About 100 feet into the air it dropped it to its death. Moments like those that I'm glad I have the Share button lol

I aim to get the new Wolfenstein in the Steam sale. Not sure about anything else, maybe Starcraft 2 at Blizzard.

I really tried to get into the Wolfenstein reboot, I played it for about 6 hours. I put it down when something else came out and never went back. It was a very old, dated game; just with better visual fidelity.

@Koray

It turns out you can turn off the map icons and hud in the settings, which is exactly what I'm going to do. I imagine it to be a much more organic and adventurous experience like that.

It's not nearly as bad as AC Unity. You literally can't see anything but icons on the map for that one. But the set up is a bit like Watch Dogs in the types of side missions with a handful of collectible stuff. The wildlife is just hilarious though. I was roaming around and heard an eagle screech only to witness it dive bomb onto a pig and fly away with it squealing. About 100 feet into the air it dropped it to its death. Moments like those that I'm glad I have the Share button lol

was it a piglet?

A correct eagle could not lift a grown pig... :devil:

was it a piglet?

A correct eagle could not lift a grown pig... :devil:

He could grip it by the husk.

I'm going to get into GTA online on PS4, as I want to continue in Rockstar's beautifully realized world, but singleplayer is too fresh in my mind. First time ever doing multiplayer in GTA. Hoping it's as fun as the story mode.

Spelunky is hard as balls.

I'm pretty sure I played the free low resolution version years ago, and it was hard, but I misplaced its installation and it's time for an upgrade.

Indeed, condensing such rich gameplay experiences and globe-trotting adventures into two hours of passive viewing (even if spectacular) can never do it justice.

Then again, if they get the tone right and select actors that actually have played the games, then I might get interested.

I still haven't played any of the Uncharted games. It's too bad the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility.

Yea, that annoys me too. I wish I could buy one system that would allow me to play all the (non-Nintendo) games that I want to play from the last 15 years :P

I still haven't played any of the Uncharted games. It's too bad the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility.

Yea, that annoys me too. I wish I could buy one system that would allow me to play all the (non-Nintendo) games that I want to play from the last 15 years :P

Especially when you consider that even 15 years ago, Nintendo was strictly selling cartridge games.

I already own a NES, SNES, N64, GC, and Wii. I just want to play a bunch of XB/PS games from over the years, such as the Uncharted series and some others, but have no way of doing so right now. Of course, I don't have the time to play them either, and have a nice backlog of Nintendo games I'm behind on, so it's more just pipe dreaming anyway

I hope you're not buying the physical consoles and games.

You could always download emulators and purchase roms.

Emulators are acceptable downloads under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Just like how you can have an empty beer bottle when you're underage but not have alcohol.

And I don't download roms. I play through Xbox Arcade and various similar outlets.

But that's beside the point.

Buying the physical console and games themselves is mostly a matter of money and space. While it's (mostly) easy to replenish the former, you only have so much of the latter.