Medal Of Honor boxset - 9 scores (5 Giacchino, 3 Lennertz, and 1 Djawadi) on 8 discs

Trent B

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine last week. Still going through them. Damn fine scores. Probably more adventurous and broad than Giacchino has gotten on his recent film outings mostly because it sounds like he had a lot of creative and stylistic latitude.

There is really no explanation to include a track twice, selling it as a bonus track.

You can have 'dadada theme (reprise)' but name it like if it was one new goody is a little sloppy from the producers, because they dont have ill intention, its just that they did not check really well between the OST music and the complete scores the composers provided. Names can be changed between those and be misleading.

Well it is a bonus track. It's also not the same track, but a portion of a track previously included. With video games, you have looping. So "Varsity Suspense" is the suspense music that would loop throughout the Operation Varsity level in the game. It's a neat little addition that they happened to have on hand, and happened to have room for. All the Giacchino scores are complete.

Varsity Suspense (Long) is identical to the first 1:10 of Sniper Showdown. Its the same recording.

And Airborne is NOT complete, as Chris Tilton confirmed on FSM and I re-posted here!

There is really no explanation to include a track twice, selling it as a bonus track.

You can have 'dadada theme (reprise)' but name it like if it was one new goody is a little sloppy from the producers, because they dont have ill intention, its just that they did not check really well between the OST music and the complete scores the composers provided. Names can be changed between those and be misleading.

Well it is a bonus track. It's also not the same track, but a portion of a track previously included. With video games, you have looping. So "Varsity Suspense" is the suspense music that would loop throughout the Operation Varsity level in the game. It's a neat little addition that they happened to have on hand, and happened to have room for. All the Giacchino scores are complete.

Every single track loops in the game, or starts again (there is not much 'composed-for-looping' tracks in this game. That varsity cue loops in one portion of the level. Other varsity cues and some tracked cues loop in other parts.

The OST cue is a mix of two cues, created for listening experience.

And what Jason said.

All the scores sound fine to me.

Case closed move along.

I already said it was lossless, and a panic attack from my part :P

• 1 month later...

On disc 4 right now...

I love Giacchino's music. Probably the best stuff I've heard from him. His score for the first game is definitely my favorite so far. But you know what else is awesome right now? Lennertz's European Assault. This one is great!

On disc 4 right now...

I love Giacchino's music. Probably the best stuff I've heard from him. His score for the first game is definitely my favorite so far. But you know what else is awesome right now? Lennertz's European Assault. This one is great!

I still hold Frontline as my favourite but I find it hard to choose between the 4 Giacchino scores, so damn fine they all are, each with singularly brilliant and unique moments.

And the European Assault is great music indeed.

coughcough..there are 5 Giacchino scores..coughcough..

Well yeah the 5th is a bit on the short side. But good of you to remind me. :) Good tracks, all 5 of them.

• 3 months later...

I just took a closer listen to Christopher Lennertz' score to MOH European Assault. To my annoyance I found that no less than 3 tracks among the bonus material are either exactly the same as the existing tracks or are contained as part of other tracks on the OST. :|

Anyway here is my personal playlist of the European Assault where I have tried to organize the music according the missions in the game but since most track titles are so generic it was difficult to guess where they should go. So I created my own narrative. I think it provides with a decent listening experience:

1.Dogs Of War - Main Title

St. Nazaire, France:

2. Operation Chariot

3. Invasion Beaches

4. Redball Express

5. Expel The Germans

6. Casualties Of War

North Africa:

7.North Africa

8.Clearing Tobruk

9. The Desert Rats

10. Captured Commandos

11. Adabold Bretch

12. Holt's Targets

Soviet Union:

13. Russia, 1942

14. The First Mission

15. To Stalingrad

16. Ambushed

17.Flight Over Stalingrad

18.Into The Camps

19.Here They Come

20. Secure Defend

Battle of the Bulge:

21. Battle Of The Bulge

22. Territorial Gain

23. Mutual Nemesis

24. Fall Back

25. Fight With Honor

26. Follow Holt

27. Finish The Job

28. One Man Can Make A Difference

29. Dogs Of War (New) (I used this as kind of an End Title)

Extra material (= the repeated tracks) which form a fitting End Title Suite

30.Continued Alarm (Part of the track Redball Express)

31. Clear A Path (Part of the track To Stalingrad)

32. Hurtgen Forest (=One Man Can Make A Difference (Reprise))

Yeah, John Williams thought the same for HP&POA.

And how do we feel about it? ;)

Yeah, John Williams thought the same for HP&POA.

And how do we feel about it? ;)

Well he did not include other tracks as a bonus so you could form your completish score from them did he?

I had to do something with those extra repeated tracks you know! Waste not, want not. ;)

• 2 years later...
For the next 13 1/2 days, you can purchase the Medal of Honor boxset direct from LLL for $47.98 instead of the usual $59.98, a savings of $12!

Offer expires on April 21st 2014 at 11:59PM PST!

• 2 months later...

Highly recommended! Get yours now while you still can!