There's a muppet snuck in at 0:14

There's a picture of Jim Henson at 1:07

Two things I just noticed about the trailer:

There's a muppet snuck in at 0:14

There's a picture of Jim Henson at 1:07

um where?

This movie already gains +10.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame that Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz have pretty much retired from voicing the muppets. Floyd sounded awful in that trailer.

These are brilliant!

The brilliant thing is that I have no idea what the film is about, not a single clue. But I wanna see it.

Yes. Although it does seem to have a Blues Brothers kind of touch to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a MUCH better poster than that weird teaser poster with their legs showing

themuppetsposterinternational.jpg?1310416487

New trailer parody, this time parodying Green Lantern

And the poster that goes with it

zz1c5e59cf550x816.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christophe Beck is the composer, by the way.

If I have a job and money, this will be the first movie I will have wanted to see in ... years. I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but a legitimately good hearted and fun/funny film.

• 2 weeks later...

OST details:

themuppetssoundtrack.jpg

Walt Disney Records (via Billboard) has announced the details of the soundtrack for the new movie adaptation of The Muppets. The album includes four orginal songs from the movie written by the film’s music supervisor Bret McKenzie (Flight of the Conchords) and performed by cast members Amy Adams, Jason Segel and Chris Cooper. Also featured on the album are cover versions Of Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit, Cee Lo Green’s Forget You and the Muppet classic Rainbow Connection performed by the Muppets. None of the original score by composer Christophe Beck is included. The soundtrack will be released on November 21, 2011 and can be pre-ordered on Amazon. The Muppets is directed by James Bobin and will be released in theaters on November 23. For updates on the film, visit the official movie webpage.

Here’s the track list:

“The Muppet Show Theme” – The Muppets

“Life’s a Happy Song” – Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

“Pictures in My Head” – Kermit and The Muppets

“Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard” – Paul Simon

“Rainbow Connection” – The Moopets

“We Built This City” – Starship

“Me Party” – Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

“Let’s Talk About Me” – Chris Cooper

“Man or Muppet” – Jason Segel and Walter

“Smells Like Teen Spirit” – The Muppets Barbershop Quartet

“Forget You” – Camilla and The Chickens

“Rainbow Connection” – The Muppets

“The Whistling Caruso” – Andrew Bird

“Life’s a Happy Song” – Finale Entire Cast

“Mahna Mahna” – Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

http://filmmusicrepo...dtrack-details/

Site Currently Unavailable

Our apologies, the site you are attempting to access is currently unavailable. This may be due to scheduled maintenance, or there could be an error with the page.

If you continue to experience errors, please contact us.

Site's back up now.

Is it just me of is that cue in the background sound like it's ripping off a temp track, specifically a certain cue from Danny Elfman's "Pee Wee's Big Adventure"?

Some Dissatisfied ‘The Muppets’ Performers Considered Taking Their Names Off The Movie

It seemed almost too good to be true. Buoyed with clever, parody driven teaser spots, an effusive, infectious energy and full-length trailers that really differed, who would’ve thought that behind the scenes, Disney is not only worried about the upcoming franchise reboot, but there is also dissent among some longtime performers about the approach writers Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller have taken with the brand. THR has an excellently detailed look at the hand-wringing behind the scenes, but it’s Frank Oz‘s recent comments to Metro that synthesize the struggle between the old and new guard.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/some_dissatisfied_the_muppets_performers_considered_taking_their_names_off_/#

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from watching The Muppets. Had a blast -- lots of great musical numbers, Chris Cooper is perfect as the villain, and Walter, the new Muppet, works. A few of the voices are indeed a bit off, most notably Kermit's, but not distractingly so.

All in all, I think Muppet fans should be pleased.

Oh, and one more thing: Mah Na Mah Na.