Thor 2 coming November 2013

Matt C

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow yea, she's basically a college educated Max Black now, lol. Didn't know Chris O'Dowd was in this, he's great

Saw it. In terms of scale, it's definitely 10x bigger than the decidedly more scaled-down predecessor. Alan Taylor really has a good handle on the action scenes too, especially the Dark Elves' siege on Asgard.

The biggest detractor is, oddly, there's too much humor. Kat Dennings and Tom Hiddleston have some great lines, while the latter again steals the show from the lead actors. The problem is that the humor threatens to overcome the more serious plot stakes, even though Christopher Eccleston is rather anonymous as Malekith (and his scenes are actually pretty boring). It's a more enjoyable film than Thor, but keep your expectations reasonable.

And there's not one, but TWO, scenes. The first one is after the terrific Ridley Scott Robin Hood-esque end credit sequence -- I'm not spoiling anything, but it's a lead-in for Guardians of the Galaxy and can be skipped. The second one is the atypical post-credit one, and actually gives the movie a bit more closure.

I liked it. Tyler definitely wrote in Doyle's style, which was nice.

Only theme Tyler quoted was Silvestri's "Captain America March", but it was only for that scene I mentioned a page back.

Funny how out of all the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain America is the only one that has a musical theme to repeat in more than one movie, and it's now repeated in three! The power of Silvestri!

She is absolutely radiant in this film, for sure. But I prefer Jaimie Alexander and Kat Dennings over her.

Yes, Ms Dennings possesses particular assets that are desirable to the red blooded human male.

I'm usually for celeb privacy, but damn, I'll never forget the day those photos leaked.

Funny how out of all the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain America is the only one that has a musical theme to repeat in more than one movie, and it's now repeated in three! The power of Silvestri!

Hopefully Jackman will adapt it for next year's Winter Soldier, but I doubt it.