Terminator Genisys

MSM

I remember grown-ups could smoke in shopping centres and drop their cigarette butts on the floor. Then a man with a big adjustable L-shaped broom would be on duty all day to sweep it up.

Public places made a bigger deal about Christmas back then too. I mean really big.

They were originally pajamas, yes. But i added a ski-mask on which i had sewn a web motif.

I was very proud of it.

Such pics exist but reside in the care of my mother. Only to be brought out when I introduce a new girlfriend to her.

This had the best trailer between JP4, and SW 7.

Even if that's true, it's not saying much.

of course it's true.

Typical nightlife in the '80s:

typically clueless about reality. ;)

Here's some interesting theories I've seen:

-Pops is actually Uncle Bob. John sent him back to the 1970s instead of 1995.

-John Connor as played by Jason Clarke is a red herring and the real John Connor is somebody else (some suggested Matt Smith but given that the film has been rumoured to take place in 2029, 1984 and 2017 respectively, this would be an impossibility without another time jump to somewhere in the 2000s)

An almost-purely orchestral score was attempted with T3, remember. While I applaud Beltrami's efforts, an almost-purely orchestral score didn't fit the film. I preferred Elfman's approach to the music in Salvation and I would have loved to see that applied to themes from the first two films properly, which is why I was bummed when Beck was confirmed as composer.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't look bad to me. I'm just curious as to why they felt the need to make adjustments to the chest plate and pelvis if they've left other elements alone (like the skull).

• 3 weeks later...

So a fight between a nearly 70 year old man and a younger CGI version of himself?

Rewatching the Bond films in the last 2 months made me realize how much I prefer "real" fight scenes between actors (and stunt doubles). Enough with this CGI lark!

I read they are using the molds "Unlike Terminator Salvation"... but they did use those molds in Salvation to create digital Arnie then.

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot fathom why people are hyped for this. Every single trailer and TV spot has been ridiculously stupid.

wth are you talking about.

What looks stupid is Jurassic World and Star Wars. Really embarrassing for fanbois only. This looks so much better.

Yea, it really does look pretty bad. I'm surprised they already greenlit a sequel.

I thought I was the only one who saw it! Maybe it wants to be cheesy and B-movie-ish?