Oscar Live Thread

King Mark

Random musing: anyone else notice how Kristen Stewart was limping and had a bruise on her arm and just generally looked like a crack whore?

She definitely smoked some serious weed. It can also make you clumsy...

Random musing: anyone else notice how Kristen Stewart was limping and had a bruise on her arm and just generally looked like a crack whore?

She's the last person I'd associate with the Oscars.

She'd be more at home at the Razzies.

She's the single most untalented person in Hollywood right now. Bored with everything, boring in everything.

- Uni

Indeed.

This was a genuine surprise.

With Affleck snubbed, it was wide open.

I've seen Kristen Stewart in a variety of roles and she quite frankly is not very good at all in my opinion. Gave her a fair shot but she just doesn't cut it somehow.

Agree she's better at indie/arthouse drams then leading blockbusters - horribly miscast for Twilight and Snow White.

She's the last person I'd associate with the Oscars.

She'd be more at home at the Razzies.

Funny you mention it, since Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 won several Razzies the previous night: Worst Actress, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Remake/Ripoff/Sequel, Worst On-Screen Couple, Worst Director, Worst Screen Ensemble.

Everybody expects this level of work from Spielberg now. It seems—to most observers, anyway—that it's falling out of bed for him. Makes it that much tougher for him to win any more.

- Uni

Wow Jennifer Lawrence wins Best Actress! I really like her a lot, she's great in interviews and all her roles I've seen her in have been very good.

No idea how her performance in SLP compares to the other nominated performances cause I haven't seen any of those movies

Yea I didn't expect she'd win either, not because I didn't like her performance in SLP, but just because she's young and it's not a really great movie overalll

But I haven't seen any of the other performances she was up against, maybe non of them were as good.

It's weird they didn't do Best Director just before Best Picture, isn't that how it's always been?

I thought the Academy wouldn't go that way.

And what happened to the Best Picture/Best director rule?

Argo is overrated like hell...many of the other best pic nominees are more deserving.

He is an actor, and of last year a writer and director, at least as Hollywood is concerned.

and a very talented singer, gotta admit he's got a good voice.