Augie's fake accounts containment thread

John Willliams

Admin note: The "John Willliams" (note the 3 Ls) and "Van Houten" accounts were - like "The Elder Joseph Harbinger" - fake accounts created by member "Augie". All 3 fake accounts have been permanently banned, as has Augie.

Yes, I finally joined.

They shouldn't have kept cutting people off with the Jaws theme unless they were actually gonna deliver and have Bruce pop up and eat the winners.

That was also my biggest concern during the show.

You greedy son of a gun Johnny. I can see how you cleverly manipulated your way into screwing over Patrick Doyle with the whole Stepmom fiasco.

Caution, my dear fellows.

If anybody in this group is trying to suggest that I took advantage of poor Patrick while he was recovering from leukemia, he is clearly barking up the wrong tree. The real reasons were tight timetables and my established working relationship with Chris Columbus.

You tend to read too much into things. The whole affair was an extraordinarily personal matter; not so much for me, but, as a matter of course, for dear Patrick who fought for his life back in the day. This is no laughing matter and if I were you, I wouldn't dare to discuss it without knowing the facts.

When I checked in I didn't expect a popular fan forum like this to be a place of such wild insults and defamations. I won't allow myself to be showered with abuse - if I can avoid it.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I do not like what I read here.

If anybody in this group is trying to suggest that I took advantage of poor Patrick while he was recovering from leukemia, he is clearly barking up the wrong tree. The real reasons were tight timetables and my established working relationship with Chris Columbus.

You tend to read too much into things. The whole affair was an extraordinarily personal matter; not so much for me, but, as a matter of course, for dear Patrick who fought for his life back in the day. This is no laughing matter and if I were you, I wouldn't dare to discuss it without knowing the facts.

When I checked in I didn't expect a popular fan forum like this to be a place of such wild insults and defamations. I won't allow myself to be showered with abuse - if I can avoid it.

Sorry John. I formally extend my sincerest apology to you.

John Williams:

Who are your greatest influences?

What are your favorite pieces of music?

What is the square root of Alabama?

You ask many questions, but I will answer them as good as I can:

- Johannes Brahms, Claude Thornhill, Bela Bartok, Franz Liszt

- The Enigma Variations by Edward Elgar. Probably my favorite piece of all music.

- I have no idea, really, but I can only assume it is a trick question. :D

And most importantly: how did you come up with the two-note theme for Jaws?

Working on the piano, I came up with this simple E-F-E-F bass line progression (which everybody knows today) after playing around with a variety of simple motifs. I discarded most of them as worthless or not effective enough, and finally settled on the line that seemed to be the most compelling solution in our endless quest for illustrating the menace of the shark.

What was your first reaction when you saw Schindler's List?

I was taken by surprise and fear. There's a saying in show business, and it goes like:

The good news is: You've got the job. And the bad news is: You've got the job.

I was alternating between joy and a deep-seated fear of not being able to match the power of the images Steven had created. For one, it seemed like an impossible task. On the other hand, I was willing to accept the challenge.

What about Haydn?

Haydn is certainly one of the most prominent figures in classical music. But, as far as personal influences go, I believe I finally grew out of my Haydn period.

Sorry John. I formally extend my sincerest apology to you.

It's all good.

I just didn't expect this board to be so vicious at times. Today, with my sense of irony sharpened by some of your comments going blue, I can even enjoy the playfulness of it all.

Yesterday I was a little moody because on Saturday, I was dragged to this place called Pops Restaurant in Boston's South End by my grandchildren. Because they have the Pops burger! And it literally turned my stomach.

http://www.bostonburgerblog.com/2011/08/reviews/pops/

Caution: Don't ever eat there. Just... don't.

Fatty McButterpants was a temporarily suspended member creating a secondary account, I uncovered the truth by investigating IPs when I first became admin. I PMed the real member to tell him that I knew, and he ignored me (no surprise). Anyways, once the person in question's year long ban was up, he returned to his original account and Fatty McButterpants hasn't been used since.

Any, this "John Willliams" account (did nobody else notice it has 3 Ls in the last name?) is ALSO another member creating a secondary account. I have permanent banned the John Willliams account, and suspended the real member who created it for a month - this is actually the SECOND fake account he has created on our board! (The first was "Elder Joseph Harbinger").

You'd think people who want to break the rules would at least be FUNNY about it? These John Willliams posts were lame.

You'd think people who want to break the rules would at least be FUNNY about it? These John Willliams posts were lame.

Being not funny and lame aren't crimes. Otherwise you have to get rid of both me and Bloodboal. And I'm considering a long vacation anyways.

Seriously. THE John Williams saying things like "I'm a dinosaur" and "It's all good?" Please. Part of playing a role effectively is playing it convincingly. If whoever pulled this had managed that, at least it would've been worth some novelty value.

- Uni

Wait a moment. Did you just ban John Williams?

Let me recap.

In a once in a lifetime opportunity we are visited by our great friend - who just comes over, saying "hello", ever-polite, informal, a real class act.

At last, some of the cool people at John Williams' oldest internet fansite are actually in the position to ask him their most burning questions. Everything seems so damn fine!

And then, because he reads 3 lll's into his username, the admin simply bans him.

How in the world can you ban John Williams?

Admin, know your limits!

You stupid motherfucking cunt.

You will burn in hell for this, Jason!

Or just crawl up your own butthole and die.