Godfather theme in major!

filmmusic

That is awesome

+1!

Funny how this only sounds hilarious when you go from minor to major, and only certain themes as well, ones that tend to emphasize the 3rd scale degree, which makes it sound minor.

I'm racking my brain to think of examples where minor melodies turn major but DON'T sound funny. Any ideas on that?

That is awesome

+1!

Funny how this only sounds hilarious when you go from minor to major, and only certain themes as well, ones that tend to emphasize the 3rd scale degree, which makes it sound minor.

I'm racking my brains to think of examples where minor melodies turn major but DON'T sound funny. Any ideas on that?

The only thing I can think of now (because i have it in very recent memory) is a theme from Angela's Ashes which is minor all way through the movie and in the end, it turns major (we have a statement of only its beginning).

But as you said, it doesn't emphasize the 3rd scale degree, so it wouldn't turn out funny anyway..

you can hear it here at 2.10 (minor version)

and its major version here at 1.03:

• 3 months later...

I really hope he could do some Williams! :biglaugh: (eg. Imperial March or something)

You got your wish!

Great channel. Lots of very funny changes, and occasional improvements!

I'm racking my brain to think of examples where minor melodies turn major but DON'T sound funny. Any ideas on that?

This YouTube user did "House of the Rising Sun" and "Californication" which both translate rather nicely to major. The rest are pretty absurd, though :D

:lol:

The Raiders March sounds surprisingly good, grim and determined.

Zimmer only writes in D Minor. It's why so many of his themes can sound the same sometimes :P