Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

I'm sure this was observed before, but I haven't read this whole thread because I don't like the score no matter what

Pretty much the same with every new "masterpiece" Zimmer churns out in the past few years. By comparison even the Hobbit music sounds like The Empire Strikes Back

This is basically how I feel about everything that comes out these days.

The Digital Deluxe Edition is now available in lossless via HDTracks

http://www.hdtracks.com/interstellar-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-deluxe-version

(it was already available in lossless via qobuz, but that site doesn't sell to US Residents)

http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/interstellar-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-deluxe-version-hans-zimmer/0794043183058

Yea people on FSM are reporting getting shipping notices too

Will there even be anything on this you can't already hear on the FYC site?

As I posted on the shrine:

What Happens Now? seems to be shorter because it's missing the ambient nature sounds at the end. Beautiful cue either way. I think this is the version used in the film, which cuts off right when Cooper opens his eyes, and the version on the deluxe edition is the one that concludes the end credits, fading away with those nature sounds. Or maybe the credits end early too, and the nature sounds are just part of the album experience. I like that, actually. It's nice to have both to eventually put together a complete edit.

Who's They? is the same as the FYC cue, yeah.

Murph is really beautiful, wow. Basically the "complete" version of I'm Going Home, building to a stunning climax like the end of Detach. Very interesting. I wonder why it's called Murph though. I never associated this theme with her character....

Organ Variation is just more of the "main" theme, from the messages scene.

Day One is basically the Day One from the original album but without an organ part.

Tick-Tock is a stunning extension of Mountains... wow.

I usually abhor fan-edits of scores, but the suite material that we have for this one seems like it presents the opportunity for a very satisfying "symphonic" arrangement.

Cool. I heard the Tick-Tock cue, and it's a very neat extension of Mountains.

Does the release make the OST obsolete? I might order it tonight then.

By that, I was asking if it included all the OST material too (in some form or the other)?

I'd like to have one comprehensive album to listen to. As it is, I have to pull bits and pieces from different sources whenever I feel like listening to Interstellar.

Yes the 16 track OST is included and then some.

The definitive presentation I feel is the FYC. If that were to surface in FLAC and with the two final missing cues included, that could replace the OST and leave some alternates/suites to make up a second disc.

For now I have the FYC, the OST+the second disc cues, and a third album for the various suites.

Yeah, for now the FYC remains the best presentation, even if it's a bit on the repetitive side. Shame about the available sound quality though.

Take out the batteries! Revenge for them causing all these delays.

Murph is just a really exceptional piece of music. Hans truly forged his magnum opus (so far!) with this score. I hope he feels as fulfilled as he deserves to for it.

Does the release make the OST obsolete? I might order it tonight then.

Disc 1 of this is literally the standard OST, exactly. Disc 2 is bonus tracks, most of which were on the digital deluxe edition.