Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

The opening track of the OST has a different opening than the film/FYC version. Less of a gentle fade-in. It's also worth noting that even between the cues that appear on both, there are some significant differences in mixing.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting review. CC attempts to be fairminded and objective, but fails in the end.

Many of his observations are accurate though. But they are just that....observations. He isnt really able to convey whay the score doesn't work for him.

He needs to be flogged. There are very few people I have active hate for but he is one. He's a plague on the film score community, indefensible by any but the nostalgically connected to his site. I take comfort in his inevitable fading into dust and oblivion, unremembered, whereas the many composers that he is a parasite on will indeed be remembered for simply making something, whether or not some schmuck wrote about how he liked it or not.

Interstellar is a score that tempted me to reach for the skip button on multiple occasions. But I resisted the temptation because I felt I needed to experience this torture and live to tell about it. The only miracle that could have happened by divine intervention would be if the disc started skipping its own. But that would have been wishful thinking.

And while some button-pressing on here is humorous and enjoyable, his is just boring. He might be another one of those people I actively dislike. I recently considered a lengthy post on my distaste for E.T. just to rile him and the other one up, but it's no longer worth it as I like the other one more now and am losing interest in Drax as a whole.

Really dude, come on. Make some genuine posts every now and then that don't revolve around this same old bullshit. "I annoyed you and I can tell LOLOL" is not a good act for you.

Ah well, just wanted to randomly update that my 2-disc (plus worthless packaging) Interstellar album shipped today (along with Jupiter Ascending). Should have it within couple of days. Looking forward to hearing additional non-Deluxe material.

TGP, is it true it contains a hidden bonus track?

Karol

What do you mean, he got Zimmer's library?

He said somewhere when he was starting to first work on re-doing NTFC that he managed to get a lot of the same samples that Hans uses.

Well most of his library is recorded and maintained privately so I'm not sure what he could mean unless he works at RCP. The organ that Hans used for the initial score and probably some parts of the final one is commercially available from Milan Audio though.

The organ that Hans used for the initial score and probably some parts of the final one is commercially available from Milan Audio though.

That's what he was talking about - the organ samples.

Finished listening to the extra disc on the extended set. Apart from No Time For Caution and DE tracks, the highlights are Who's They? and Murph. The last one combines my favourite material from the score into one neat 11-minute track. Nice. :)

Besides, the packaging of this thing is ridiculously overpriced and worthless. But then, I knew that beforehand. So it's my fault for even spending money. ;)

Karol