2013 spam attack containment thread

Dixon Hill

So, the IPBoard guys spam attack the lower tier subscribers in order to force an upgrade to their premium service. Nice.

Very interesting conclusion. You do have some potential as a forum moderator, after all ;)

OK I've gone through and completely deleted all the spam accounts I could easily find. There could be some older ones mixed within the newer real registrations, but they haven't posted yet so hopefully they never will.

Just gotta figure out how to make a group that requires Moderater approval for all posts then we can turn new registration back on...

So, the IPBoard guys spam attack the lower tier subscribers in order to force an upgrade to their premium service. Nice.

Very interesting conclusion. You do have some potential as a forum moderator, after all ;)

I frequently sail too close to the wind for anything like that I believe :jerry:

Whenever I picture the board I just imagine my palm, with everyone in it.

So you're giving the collective board a hand job? That's awfully sweet of you.

You had to lower the tone dint ya!

The instrument is exactly correct (what weird sounds it produces!) but I think it should be a March of the Spambots instead of a scherzo.

And man these spambots are annoying. But they shall not pass!

43224997.jpg

I was just visiting this thread for the 1st time to post something like that! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...