Have the Moderators given up?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have Ricard, Jason and Incanis given up?

It's weird. After first having to suffer from over-moderating, of which making a separate forum for JW topics is the worst example, it seems like out beloved Leaders have totally given up on maintaining any kind of control by allowing the continued existence of (currently) 463 threads about quotes from various movies.

people who complained about there being too many Tolkien related threads are now contributing to this insanity!

I know this place is fucking boring right now, with not a single score of interest being released (fuck you Zimmer's Spiderman II and Henry Hackman's Captain America II).

But this is simply excruciating!

Yeah, ever since these quote threads popped up, this place has gotten boring. Discussion has been replaced with pointless post-count padding, and what little discussion being attempted is drowned out by hundreds of these pointless threads.

The quoting was funny when they popped up naturally while derailing a topic. But a thread full of compiled, often random quotes, is just no fun.

I don't understand how people went crazy over the Hobbit threads (which weren't that many, especially compared to this nonsense), so much so that JW had to be removed from the equation, but all this is encouraged. Is the Other Topics section the only safe place left in JWFan?

Call me back when all this blows over please.

How can Jason bash Wojo for post count padding in one thread, let just let this go by. I really dont understand.

I like Incanus, but I think we can now say he doesn't exude any authority at all. Fucking Token Mod!

The quotes threads are a little lame.

Anyone participating there should be lowered their post counts 20,000 or so.

I always kept wondering how some people got their post counts so high so quick :P

Sigh...

+1

Classic JWFan bipolar swing from harmless tomfoolery to indignant not-amusedness.

1 Star Trek Quote thread? Cool, have fun!

100 random quote threads? No thank you!

Self-moderation is in order then!

For myself, I've decided I will not post more than 9,999 posts. At that point, I will retire. 898 to go!

Assuming I post twice a week, I should be around for another 5 years.

Self-moderation is in order then!

For myself, I've decided I will not post more than 9,999 posts. At that point, I will retire. 898 to go!

Alice said the same thing, and while she has largely disappeared, she came back beyond that point.

Didn't you retire like five times already?

Yeah, but it feels different this time. I spend more time listening to classical music than film music...my old man tastes have shifted too much.

Great, now these dickheads are making Chaac go away once again! Good job, dickheads!

Amen.

Didn't you retire like five times already?

Yeah, but it feels different this time. I spend more time listening to classical music than film music...my old man tastes have shifted too much.

There's tons of great classical music discussion here though, or at least used to be, before the invasion of the quote threads.

There's surprise the threads have been allowed such proliferation but I've not been here long enough to form any opinion on the mods. Take that as you will. The Trek one was fun enough. Time to cut back I guess.

It's weird. After first having to suffer from over-moderating, of which making a separate forum for JW topics is the worst example

How can Jason bash Wojo for post count padding in one thread, let just let this go by. I really dont understand.

I like Incanus, but I think we can now say he doesn't exude any authority at all. Fucking Token Mod!

JW had to be removed from the equation

As Ricard already knows (deep down), none of this would ever have happened under my benevolent omnipresent patrol.

I stopped at 2. It was very slow, but was interesting, just haven't had time to continue with it.

I stopped at 2. It was very slow, but was interesting, just haven't had time to continue with it.

It rockets into gear after 3 and doesn't look back. We have one episode left and, I'm hesitant to say it, but I think GreyPilgrim may be right... it might be superior to Breaking Bad.

There's a fanboy part of me that doesn't want it to be, but I've never been into denial as a way of life.

Edit: I see the lurking fucker chimed in just before I submitted.

It's only been two weeks. I need to talk about this. I have to justify what's happened, what I've done...at least to myself. I can't talk to anyone else, not even to Dax. Maybe if I just lay it all out in my post, it'll finally make sense. I can see where it all went wrong...where I went wrong.

I suppose it started two weeks ago while I was viewing the forum. It's become something of a grim ritual around here. Not a week goes by that someone doesn't forget to quote Star Trek on this damned forum. I've grown to hate JWFan. That was the moment I made the decision. It was like I had stepped through a door and locked it behind me. I was going to bring Star Trek quotes into the forum.

My Father used to say that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. I laid the first stone right there. I'd committed myself. I'd pay any price, go to any lengths, because my cause was righteous. My...intentions were good. In the beginning, that seemed like enough.