The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Wait what theatrical version on DVD? The first print DVD version I have has the extended confession scene with Padme's "to be angry is to be human" line and when the clonetrooper finds her lying in the sand, she says "uh huh" instead of that awkward "yes".

That was shown in theaters, but only in the digital screenings. The 35mm print had a shorter confession scene, an alternate reply from Padme and an alternate shot of Anakin's metal arm during the wedding scene.

Oh right. I saw the film version.

Kevin Feige Updates On GUARDIANS: VOL 2, ‘Thanos,’ SPIDER-MAN And THOR: RAGNAROK

Everything he says sounds good to me!

It's kind of interesting that Civil War will feature basically every Avenger and other recurring character apart from Thor and Hulk in it, and the Thor 3 will feature both of those two guys together.

Well you need to stop the film just before that, watch everything else chronologically and return to The First Avenger just before The Avengers.

Agents Of Shield also has flashbacks to events taking place before Peggy Carter.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Well you need to stop the film just before that, watch everything else chronologically and return to The First Avenger just before The Avengers.

It opens with a flashback as well.

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Agents Of Shield also has flashbacks to events taking place before Peggy Carter.

Yup. Complicated!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I stay say its perfectly fine to simply watch it between Thor and The Avengers.

Agreed.

And then just watch Agent Carter whenever you feel like it.  It doesn't really have any direct impact on the modern day events.

Like you said: just watch it in the order they were released.

Although I would recommend watching the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode The Hub before Thor: The Dark World, since the episode that comes after The Hub is a direct tie-in to the movie and works better when seen directly after the film.

I do like the idea of watching Daredevil right after Guardians of the Galaxy. I paused the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to watch Daredevil and it killed any momentum S.H.I.E.L.D. had at that point. Particularly since I didn't binge Daredevil away in a weekend. It took me about two or three months to casually make my way through that show.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Although I would recommend watching the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode The Hub before Thor: The Dark World, since the episode that comes after The Hub is a direct tie-in to the movie and works better when seen directly after the film.

I guess they wanted to give TV viewers more than just one weekend to see the film before referencing it on the show.  Though they didn't do that with Avengers 2

I've watched everything pretty much in release order and I think it worked out fine.  I don't care enough about the MCU to revisit all of the movies and shows, although a few of them are fun enough to rewatch (Iron Man 1 and 3, Guardians, the Captain Americas).