The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Care Blanchett mentioned in an interview that she was about to do a Marvel film, so I guess that's a confirmation on her part.

Not officially, no. But Mark Ruffalo and Taika Waititi have both commented on how much they hope she will sign on.

Now it seems pretty much set in stone.

I don't think so; I think it's only been the other way around

Anyways, if you read the article, its not as big a deal as the clickbait headline leads you to believe; It's simply saying Civil War doesn't mention the Inhumans arc of the show.  It doesn't pretend the show doesn't exist or anything

The TV show will probably just adjust itself anyway.

BTW, it seems the site provided for that story has a drive-by redirect.

16 minutes ago, Gistech said:

BTW, it seems the site provided for that story has a drive-by redirect.

I have no idea what that means

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have no idea what that means

A drive-by redirect is where you go onto a site, then without clicking anything or even hovering over anything, it automatically redirects you to another site. Often these sites are used to infect your computer. I have an ad-blocker installed so I know it's not caused by a rogue ad.

No idea what you're doing.  When I click the site, I see the correct page and nothing else happens *shrug*

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 with AdBlock and AdBlock+ Running.

Just clicking on the link. It loads up, as it is supposed to, then redirects itself to this other site. I use Firefox, and I have an ad blocker and a site blocker. It redirects to a site my site blocker tells me is "adult material".

11 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Just clicking on the link. It loads up, as it is supposed to, then redirects itself to this other site. I use Firefox, and I have an ad blocker and a site blocker. It redirects to a site my site blocker tells me is "adult material".

It's something you have on your computer, dude.  Not a thing happens if I open the page and wait.  GamesRadar didn't get hacked.  Sounds like you've been going to some questionable websites :)

Very funny.

Neither Avast nor Malwarebytes has found anything, it doesn't happen with any other website either, and I've only vivsted my usual sites (here, deviantart, youtube, video game modding forums, facebook etc).

Though it could have been a rogue ad that got through my ad block. If Firefox crashes on me it sometimes disables the ad blocker.

Anyways, back on topic here. Apparently there's a new trailer coming out today that shows things from Iron Man's side. Rumour is we may finally get to see Spidey in the trailer too.

http://epicstream.com/news/Spider-Man-is-Rumored-To-Appear-in-The-New-Captain-America-Civil-War-Trailer

Wasn't this the site that told us why he wasn't in the trailers in the first place? Or maybe I saw it somewhere else... Then again, they are citing Latino Review and they aren't exactly the most trustworthy of sources...

I can't post a link as I'm at work and the work wifi blocks the YouTube site. But...You doubters :P Spidey is at the end of today's trailer and he's on Team Iron Man.

New trailer's here

It still seems odd to me that Tony is the one for the government regulations, and Cap is the one against it.  Seems like it should be the other way around.

Wow - that Spider-man ending is one of the coolest little trailer moments in quite a while!

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

It still seems odd to me that Tony is the one for the government regulations, and Cap is the one against it.  Seems like it should be the other way around.

Honestly it seems like they should both be against it.  The first Iron Man seemed to give Tony a mistrust of the government, especially the military.  Cap was the good soldier back in the 40s but seemed to develop a mistrust of government operations over time as well.  Not sure they should be pitted against each other at all, based on their mutually similar experiences with government agencies.

All 3 Iron Man films and the two Avengers ones show Tony actively not giving much of a fuck about what Uncle Sam wants though. That isnt really the case for the Captain, so the division of roles is noteworthy.

My guess is that either the events of Age Of Ultron caused Tony to change, or it's simply that his best buddy Rhodey gets killed by The Winter Soldier, which causes the schism.

Yea I couldn't tell from the trailer if Rhodes was dead or just knocked out there.

So odd that this movie is essentially The Avengers 3.  It features every MAJOR character in the MCU except Nick Fury, Thor, and Hulk.

You know, I realized that the ending moment of this trailer would have been so crazy amazing if we had never heard all the news about Sony rebooting Spidey again, the new casting, him premiering in Civil War, etc.  Imagine if all that had been kept a secret until this trailer premiered?  The internet would be losing its shit like never before if that was the case!