The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

spider-man-homecoming.jpg

Sony announced the official title of its upcoming Spider-Man reboot

I like the title - 

1. It lets you know its set in High School, which 3 out of the last 5 Spider-man movies were not

2. Spidey is coming "home" to Marvel Studios after the producers at Sony ruined his cinematic journey so far

1 hour ago, Jay said:

spider-man-homecoming.jpg

Sony announced the official title of its upcoming Spider-Man reboot

I like the title - 

1. It lets you know its set in High School, which 3 out of the last 5 Spider-man movies were not

2. Spidey is coming "home" to Marvel Studios after the producers at Sony ruined his cinematic journey so far

What sexy broad will play Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy?

It works quite well in context, except for maybe the weird mother name coincidence at the end.

15 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Did you actually see that film, Jason?

Nah, not yet

Sounds like maybe? hopefully? Jackman will be going for a more orchestral score with this one?  Although I fully expect to hear a lot of the electronic manipulation found in Winter Soldier, which I actually liked! It just got a little repetitive for me.

3 hours ago, Drax said:

What sexy broad will play Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy?

It should be Gwen Stacy since he's in high school again.  So some actress who can effectively look high school aged, I guess.  

Of course, the actor playing Peter Parker turns 20 in a couple months so I suppose the actress could be that age too.

Maybe Elle or Dakota Fanning?  Arya or Sansa Stark?  Chloe Grace Moretz?

Wow check out this clip from the film at the start of this video

The action scenes look like they'll be great in this movie!

I'm avoiding all clips as I want to go into this movie as cold as possible, but I have high hopes for the action in this one.  The Russo brothers staged what is the best action in any MCU movie in Winter Soldier so they definitely have to up their game with this one, set that bar even higher.

46 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm avoiding all clips as I want to go into this movie as cold as possible, but I have high hopes for the action in this one.  The Russo brothers staged what is the best action in any MCU movie in Winter Soldier so they definitely have to up their game with this one, set that bar even higher.

I agree that Winter Soldier had incredible action scenes but  the next one might be too much of everything.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Very positive (and spoiler-free) review of Civil War

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/13/captain-america-civil-war-review-fighting-to-be-the-best/

Sounds great!

I doubt it will rate as high as Batman v Superman though.

And now that clip from Jimmy Kimmel is online in proper quality, but its longer now with a bit with Black Panther at the end