The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Just please, don't watch the remake of Oldboy until you've seen the infinitely superior original.

35 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

The first one. Steef said it many times, it doesn't look cinematic enough, but more something like a TV movie. The second one looks much better, especially when that witch appears. ;)

elizabeth-olsen-is-scarlet-witch-in-aven

Solo Scarlett Witch movie! Now!

I hope they ditch Aaron Taylor Johnson in Godzilla 2 and they make her the lead. And she falls in love with Godzilla.

I wouldn't be surprised if its roughly the same.  Then again, adding The Hulk makes it interesting.

I just want them to give Kat Dennings more to do.  And Natalie Portman, too.

With Cate Blanchett as the villain and Taika Waititi directing I'm expecting it to be quite different from the second movie.

I thought the visual design of Thor 2 was gorgeous, but the screenplay just wasn't all the way there.  For Ragnarok, I'm wanting to see more of the bright, stylized sci-fi world that really differentiates Thor from other Marvel properties just with a stronger story.

If the first two Thor movies taught us anything is that the character and his locations yield the potential for a great story, they just haven't given it to us yet.

Based on his IMDB, I've only seen him in Serenity, Salt, and 2012 - so he has at least three garbage movies under his belt!

Though, my previous comment was less about the actor and more about how boring the idea is of a Doctor Strange movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

His performance in 12 Years a Slave really is extraordinary. That movie alone makes him one of the best in my book.

Also he was pretty fun as the guy heading up the rescue effort from Earth in The Martian, nothing amazing obviously, but enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Serenity, a garbage movie?  Why?

It lacked the spirit of fun that the TV show had (and I already wasn't a great fan of the TV show).

Oh, yea.  if you didn't like the tv show than the movie isn't gonna be for you either.

The show was a brightly lit space western where it seemed like the characters were having fun adventures every week.  For some reason or another, it wasn't for me, but I get the fan passion.  It's possible I'd like it more now that ~8 years have passed since I first saw it.

The movie was a dimly lit trudge through space boredom.  The action scenes, especially River's stuff towards the end, smacked of that bad mid-2000s wannabe-badass-Matrix crap that plagued 90% of action at that time.

(all IMO of course)

I haven't seen either show or film in over a decade; I wonder if I'd feel the same about them now as i did when i saw them in my 20s

People hold their opinions dear and for some reason many people on the Internet have extremely positive opinions of Joss Whedon's work and Firefly specifically.  It's not as bad around here as it is in other places, but I'd rather avoid getting into some sort of pissing match over an old TV show.

17 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Where is the jungle book soundtrack leak or samples?

Please post in the jungle book thread, not a thread about marvel movies.  Thanks.