Best Summer Blockbuster of 2014 Showdown!

crocodile

Best summer movie of 2014  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite summer movie of 2014

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    • Godzilla
    • X-Men: Days of Future Past
    • Maleficent
    • Edge of Tomorrow
    • How to Train Your Dragon 2
    • Transformers 4: Age of Extinction
    • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    • Hercules
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Into the Storm
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    • The Expendables 3
    • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
    • Lucy
  2. 2. Is this poll absolutely redundant/unnecessary?

Well? The title is pretty self-explanatory.

One thing: Captain America: The Winter Soldier is technically not a summer film (it was released in early April), but it still can be treated as such.

Second thing: I might have missed something. Let me know.

Karol

I enjoyed many of them to various degrees, but the one I had most fun watching was Edge of Tomorrow. It was the most consistent one quality-wise as well.

Karol

None of these movies have reached $300m domestic. Are movies this year making less money than previous years? Or are there more movies being released and their revenue is eating into one another more than before?

It's because it was a really weak summer blockbuster blockbuster season.

None of these movies have reached $300m domestic. Are movies this year making less money than previous years? Or are there more movies being released and their revenue is eating into one another more than before?

It's because it was a really weak summer blockbuster blockbuster season.

What was weak about it? There were so many good movies.

How many territories has Guardians opened in by now? All of them? If so, surely execs and industry commentators consider it to be a commercial failure. Even Marvel don't have the Midas touch.

Domestically or worldwide? It cost over half that to make.

I hope it does make a handsome profit in the end. Well, whatever it takes to keep the silly expectations of the whining shareholders happy anyway.

Godzilla and GOTG are the only one on the list I've seen! My how times have changed.

Lucky should be on the list for sure.

I only watched X-Men in the theatre and Captain American on a flight. The first was fun. The later was utterly forgettable, like most Marvel fare

Well...

It's a bit darker then the other ones. But eventually the final act is about the big CGI battle in the sky. Just like the last 4 or 5 Marvel titles

it still is as by the numbers as most of the other Marvel films. I'm surprised it was as well received as it was

Of the four I've seen from the list (Captain America, X-men, Spiderman, Guardians), Guardians edges just ahead of Captain America and the other two are somewhere much lower. I'll catch Godzilla and POTA (and Lucy) on Redbox, might sample TMNT on HBO if I'm in a mood, and have no interest in the others.

Still haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy

You will think it is overrated my friend.

I keep watching these acclaimed Marvel movies hoping one of them turns out to be actually good. The only one I enjoyed was the first Iron Man. I loved Ang Lee's Hulk, but that doesn't fit into Marvel's current slate.

I'll check it out this week. At least it does not have that "more of the same" feeling from the trailers

I've only seen two films, Godzilla and Guardians. Godzilla wins out big time.

P.S. Sin City should not be on here. The first one wasn't a blockbuster (nor is it meant to be), and the second one tanked.

Yea I don't think of Sin City 2 as a summer blockbuster type movie either. But Lucy definitely is.