BloodBoal

Final decision made, I'm not buying this set.

I can't stand the certain All-happy-fellowship-amazing-journey-blabber when key members of the crew are not treated as they should be.

Howard Shore's music isn't your personal, Lego-like music library. I'm sick at the disrespect shown for the artistry.

Instead of writing a book on the music, what Doug needs to pen is a snappy thriller on the BTS politics, a sordid tale of shattered dreams, broken promises and bad blood. Jazz it up with a few steamy scenes here and there, and you'd have a surefire bestseller!

I know SUH mentioned it in a music aspect in the score thread, but damn that acorn scene should have been restored. I can't believe it wasn't restored. It sounds like a great scene. Oh well, at least it's apparently pretty much complete and so can be utilized in fan edits.

And fuck you WB for fucking over us UK folk with regard to the iTunes download

I'm glad it wasn't restored. I prefer having a scene with Bofur riding a troll rather than a scene with people talking. That's boring!

Yeah trolls are quality entertainment. Titular characters are not.

The Dwarves being brought in front of Thranduil and the Thranduil/Legolas scenes.

And PJ's original cameo, Bofur fainting etc...

I gotta say, they are doing a pretty decent job of presenting the unused scenes in the Appendices, a little better than they did in the LOTR days, in those days (for example with the Frodo as Gollum moment in TTT) you would have just seen a few seconds of the shot footage and then the rest would be low quality on set documentary footage.

A cool special feature would be a disc dedicated to showing the workprint versions of Film1 and Film 2 just before the decision to split to 3 films, complete with green screen backgrounds, pre-viz, and on-set performances not yet replaced by CGI, etc. That'd be awesome to see.

There was a rough cut at the very least - nothing watchable, but all the scenes that would be in it strung together in their initial edited format

Apparently all of the Battle of Five Armies (probably the battle itself, not the film of the same name) was filmed post 2013.

I think PJ had something in his eye there... I know I did. :crymore:

Obvious fake is obvious!

PJ didn't care at this point. I bet he was checking his phone while this was shot!

You heartless bastard