BloodBoal

Fallen, but only to rise again!

Look to my coming, at last light, on the tenth day. At dusk, look to the Reviews section!

Alfrid is the only real problem I have with these films and mainly just his bot5a stuff.

The addition of Tauriel and Legolas sent the trilogy into a downward spiral for me. So much evil came out of those two.

Tauriel's Theme, and Tauriel/Kili's Love Theme?

Definitely the best two themes that weren't originally written for LOTR or AUJ!

Though I most enjoy listening to Smaug's Theme in DOS.

I love both House of Durin and Lake-town, of course. But Lake-town isn't as pliable or varied as Tauriel's material. Though it does get some nice variations in BOFA!

And yes, I probably do like House of Durin more than Tauriel's material, actually!

I know, right?

It seems to be that PJ only liked the B Section of the theme, and not hte A section, so force Shore to put it into the film basically verbatim to its DOS appearance, instead of him writing new variations.

But what I don't get is why Shore would both those instances on the soundtrack CD instead of something more original that he liked. Oh well.

Well Tauriel is so little in the last film there is sadly not much time to develop her theme further and PJ was happy with near verbatim quotes of the love theme and some quick moments quoting Tauriel's music in Ravenhill.

No one cared that Tauriel was barely in BotFA. Which, by extension, means no one gave a shit about the development of her music.

Now Bard the Leader, there's a thematic tragedy.

No one cared that Tauriel was barely in BotFA. Which, by extension, means no one gave a shit about the development of her music.

Now Bard the Leader, there's a thematic tragedy.

I think of it as an extension of Bard's own theme, an aspect of his character. The more thematic ideas or variations you have the harder it is to give them all a clear satisfactory development, especially when Bard doesn't get any denouement.

Well of course. I really thought we'd see him crowned King of Dale, and that he'd have a couple of 'leader' moments suitable for it during the battle (he has one, but it's not used there).

Do we know if a wrap-up for Bard was shot but PJ just didn't restore it to the EE? Or was one never even written or shot?

I'm sure they filmed a scene where Bard marries Tauriel or some other such nonsense.

Killing two birds with one stone!

Do you mean they would stone both Bard and Tauriel to death in their own wedding. Seems a bit harsh but shows how low PJ would stoop in his sensationality.

That's the only satisfying ending PJ could give to the characters! That would explain why they don't appear in LOTR!

They took a ship to Valinor?