BloodBoal

He may have... I'm not sure. The picture is quite blurry and pixelated, and the audio quality is crappy.

Onwards with gritted teeth BB! We must know when Blofeld appears! Time stamps please.

Found this quote from Barny and thought it kind of funny now that the EE is out:

Remember Shore saying there was a little of Beorn's theme in that Reddit Q&A, so I'm hoping Nature's Reclamation segues into that, and we get at least a minute of Beorn tearing !@#$%^&* up. If it's 10 seconds I'm going to murder someone

Wow, fascinating stuff in there. That's a lot of alterations I never would have realized.

Don't understand why they REMOVED some footage of Beorn that was in the theatrical cut?

• 2 weeks later...

I said the EE was a better film than the TC. Both versions have good and bad scenes, good and bad special effects

My God if there's any better evidence Peter Jackson has completely lost his mind I don't want to see it.

LOL wtf is that?

And why does every cut scene with Gandalf look like a video game cut scene...

Jackson has gone full Lucas. I know this has been obvious for a couple of years now but that's the nail in the coffin for me :(

Jesus that's ridiculous.

The worst thing is, it's duplicating the cave troll death in FotR.

But it has that poetic "greed doesn't pay" lesson!

"Greed doesn't pay"... How ironic, coming from a trilogy where each film made a billion at the box-office!

Finally my chance to be Mr Pedantic and assert that films 2 and 3 fell slightly short of that!

I now present you with a chance to respond by stating a specific currency in order to prove your point.

Apparently Desolation did $958m, Five Armies $956m. To be fair to the latter, if it had the exchange rate of six months earlier it would have easily bested a billion.

I didn't say the films were cooler. Only that being a member of the $950-960m club is. Only the coolest of CGI cats are allowed in there from what I understand.