BloodBoal

Well that was a rather obscure inside nod to have the statue be of the elven woman who is mentioned twice in the whole trilogy. I hate how they did not reveal the background for Thranduil's obsession for the white gems and their significance as it would have given him a bit more deeper motivation and understandable reason to go assaulting the mountain.

Well that was a rather obscure inside nod to have the statue be of the elven woman who is mentioned twice in the whole trilogy.

Well, when you think about it, at the end of the day, the Hobbit trilogy really is all about Thranduil's wife.

Yes. She is perhaps the whole reason the Ring was found in the first place. Don't ask me how but I am sure she had her hand in it too.

Yep.

She's also the real reason why Thranduil and Thorin hate each other. It has nothing to do with the Elves not helping the Dwarves, it has to do with the fact that Thorin was madly in love with Thranduil's wife.

So this abhorrent elf/dwarf relationship development goes deeper than Tauriel and Kili. I might have known.

Someone has to say it... the Ibex and moufflon/Bighorn galloping is atrociously incorrect :P

Well it was always going to be you wasn't it Mañuel.

Ibex ?

The Alpine Ibex of course!

The entire film is now available in digital HD. Why are you still watching crappy youtube recordings?

Because I want to buy the physical disc.....

Money.

EDIT: and the fact that I couldn't find the anything in a form more... clean outside of a few youtube clips from folks who have the DR.

You don't have to spent money to watch the Digital HD version now. Do I have to spell it out for you?

I have searched for those kinds of things, did not find any (might have been searching in the wrong places?)

Unless I misunderstand your meaning.

Are you meaning what I think you are meaning or is the meaning lost in innuendoing?

It actually kind of bothers me that with modern movies you can change everything at will after the fact.

If PJ one day decided the Dwarves from the Iron Mountains must all have pink show hats, there is nothing stopping him from changing the movie!

It actually kind of bothers me that with modern movies you can change everything at will after the fact.

If PJ one day decided the Dwarves from the Iron Mountains must all have pink show hats, there is nothing stopping him from changing the movie!

Hey everything can be second guessed! Nothing is fully locked or decided until you change it! No committing to a shot or idea or scene!

Its like this MB! Once you click "post" you have committed. There's no way to go back and change what you wrote

Hey, that's the best part!

Speaking of changing, there was actually some scene shifting in the EE:

Gandalf talking and Thranduil's order to shoot anything that moves on the mountain comes after Bilbo climbs down the ramparts of Erebor

Because of Alfrid's death, the scene between Bard and Alfrid is moved earlier it seems.

Gandalf talking and Thranduil's order to shoot anything that moves on the mountain comes after Bilbo climbs down the ramparts of Erebor

Odd. Wonder why PJ changed that.

I think we have established that he did it because he could!

Or was it in his "master plan" all the time, a plan which he had to scrap for theatrical edition and only could bring back in the EE.

Odd. Wonder why PJ changed that.

It seems it might be because it was actually shot that way,

As it is in the EE, Thranduil says his line, then Gandalf walks straight out of the tent and says his "Bowman, did you agree to this?" line

Nah, just boredom. You know. a rainy thursday, nothing to do.

Much like today.

Unlike us he doesnt have a JWFan to piss away hours and hours...

Hey I am writing a review of Rózsa's Sodom and Gomorrah for Films on Wax here! Well of course not now as I am typing here but generally today yes.