BloodBoal

I am pretty sure all the music for the EE scenes was either tracked in from other places, or we already had on the OST and it was just cut from the TC.

Except of course for the funeral scene, which was definitely new. Actually, the chorus was definitely new, maybe the orchestral backing was tracked, I dunno.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=11389280&postcount=1201

I liked the exchange between Thranduil and Bard in front of Erebor before the battle. Thranduil says something along the lines of "Just sell the Arkenstone. Ecthelion of Gondor will give you a good price for it." Ecthelion is Denethor's father.

:mellow:

It's a cheap reference but I'll allow it.

Extremely cheap. Worthy of these films to be sure. Burb jokes, crass and stupid dwarves and peg leg trolls.

I also like the "of Gondor" precision. Just in case Bard would mix him up with Ecthelion of Rohan.

I guess that is for the audience (and Bard) who might not know Etchelion as the ruler of Gondor. Anyway it is a cheap reference. They should have instead revealed why the heck did Thranduil want those white gems all for himself.

I also like the "of Gondor" precision. Just in case Bard would mix him up with Ecthelion of Rohan.

I guess that is for the audience (and Bard) who might not know Etchelion as the ruler of Gondor.

Nah, it's just to place "Gondor" in there, to have another LOTR callback, to be like: "Hey, hey, remember, Gondor! Return Of The King! That was awesome, right, right?"

Well that too. "Wink wink nudge nudge audience".

You guys critiquing something you haven't even seen yet is really annoying. All these scenes play well when you see them.

I'll be buying the EE with gritted teeth and watching the film with a squint of disapproval. It is to complete the set man! All hope of enjoyment is gone.

Yes, the thing is, I'm hardly a BOFA music expert - while I know all the music to AUJ and DOS like the back of my hand, I just never loved the BOFA score as much as most of you, so its not as easy for me to tell tracked music vs new. Stay tuned for more details, though :)

I like the score too! I just don't love it as I do AUJ.

And doesn't Elrond say we must send word to Gondor, something like that? In which case there are now two Gondor references in the film.

And doesn't Elrond say we must send word to Gondor, something like that? In which case there is now two Gondor references in the film.

Three. Gandalf also mentions it when he arrive at Dale, and warns Bard and Thranduil about the Dol Guldur army: "Rivendell... Lorien... The Shire... Even Gondor itself will fall blablabla..."

Of course! You know the film better than I do!

Thanks to those annoying Score Restored videos...

Yes they are very annoying. You'd have thought the culprit would realize by now how much we all hate them, but apparently not.

I never watch those videos. Bunch of smart aleks who think they know better then Shore or PJ!

And that is why you are special.

That first clip with Galadriel is pretty disposable fluff. These films just have too much of that...

The chariot scene sounds/looks promising.

The EE that was shown in theaters perhaps didn't include all the additional footage that will be in the EE Blu-Ray: http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=877640;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=157423462 (read all the thread, not just the first post).

That thread is the biggest load of hooey I ever heard in my life...

That one 11 second additional shot of Beorn tearing through orc ranks!

Or perhaps 6 more seconds of Galadriel and 5 seconds of Beorn!

Or 1 second more of Beorn and 10 seconds more of Bombur.