James Horner's The Pagemaster (1994) - 2015 La-La Land Expanded Edition

Jay

19 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

They've been sending out emails with Pagemaster in their "get it before it's gone!" list for over a year now!

That must have been what I saw that made me think it was out of stock. Thanks for the recommendation, I do enjoy Horner's animated scores, so I've made use of the opportunity of its immensely cheap price + 20% off sale to grab it (and some extra stuff) before the Australian dollar falls even lower!

From the samples on the site, it sounds like the main theme shares clear similarities to Glory, so that's something to get excited about. And it's an LSO recording, which is always a bonus. I've literally never heard of this movie, so it should be fun to experience the music without any narrative/visual preconceptions at all!

I got it, several month ago, I don't think I ever listened to it more than one time.

The more I purchase CD, the more I realize I'll probably only have time to listen to them after my retirement (in 6 years).

At the moment I've decided to build a "basic" CD collection of James Horner, I knew it would represent dozen and dozen of CDs. 

Actually, my James Horner CD collection is made of 67 items.

Not bad for a collection started only 2-3 years ago, no?

Anyway, get your hands on The Pagemaster if you have the chance too, I think it's an essential of James Horner.

8 hours ago, mstrox said:

If it’s on sale for $10, pretty good - as long as you don’t have the OST.  It doesn’t really offer any value over the OST, imo.  Two minutes and a few alternates.  Hardcore Horner fans only.

Great to know. I don't have the OST, so all of it will be new to me!

9 hours ago, Bespin said:

I got it, several month ago, I don't think I ever listened to it more than one time.

The more I purchase CD, the more I realize I'll probably only have time to listen to them after my retirement (in 6 years).

At the moment I've decided to build a "basic" CD collection of James Horner, I knew it would represent dozen and dozen of CDs. 

Actually, my James Horner CD collection is made of 67 items.

Not bad for a collection started only 2-3 years ago, no?

Anyway, get your hands on The Pagemaster if you have the chance too, I think it's an essential of James Horner.

That sounds like a pretty large collection to me, especially for only 2-3 years. Does that include non-expanded CDs? I have 12 Horner expansions (Pagemaster will be the 13th), and I listen to nearly all of them very regularly. I just stream the regular commercial OSTs on Spotify.