Film Music while 'On Hold" (AKA - Gladiator Quotes Thread)

Melange

4 minutes ago, Melange said:

But, I got so much into the Gladiator mood that when I got through and was thanked for my patience, I dabbled with saying..................

"Striking phone call. Now that the people want to know how the call ends........."

"I searched the faces of the Gods for ways to be a good customer, to make you proud. But none of my security answers were on your list"

And you didn't even think of "Hold the line! Stay with me!"...

The day before yesterday I was put on hold and was asked if I wanted to hear music or not. I had to push '2' if I didn't want to hear the music. 

This and more exciting stories at JWfan Pro

Alex

8 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

And you didn't even think of "Hold the line! Stay with me!"...

No, and I mean that movie has so many good lines I think it even deserves it own 'great lines' thread don't you think?

Let's face it, the beating heart of JwFan is not the marble of General Discussion, its the sand of Other Topics. 

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

This and more exciting stories at JWfan Pro

It is exciting, and tremendously so!!

So, nobody ever heard any Williams music while on hold?

"I've seen much of the rest of film score forums. They are brutal and cruel and dark, JwFan is the light!!"

<serious>

I've never understood that line. Why does Maximus think it's so funny or ridiculous that Proximo knew Marcus Aurelius? I get the feeling this screenplay takes many viewings to fully appreciate. I last saw the film live to orchestra 2 years ago.

</serious>

"At my signal.... unleash leitmotif."

6 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I've never understood that line. Why does Maximus think it's so funny or ridiculous that Proximo knew Marcus Aurelius?

Because Maximums views Proximo as a bottom feeder, and saw any meaningfull interaction between him and Aurelius as unlikely.

At least that is how I've always 'taken' that scene.

Conceived in love, at a time of parting. FilmScoreMonthly is a hostile world.

Now back to Gladiator...

[Augie emerges from the forest, disguised as Alex North]

"People should know when they are banned."

"Would you, Quintus? Would I?"

--

"They said you were a giant. They said you could crush an Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection box set with one hand."

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Nothing to do with the topic, but I just realized your name is @Melange

Once, long ago, I had an avatar of that theme which some other members found quite disconcerting. Mmmmmmmm....shaaaaaaai haaluuuuuuud!!!!

"What we write in the forums, echoes in eternity"

"Those Bootleg recording sessions you sold me, they won't play.

They just spin around all day, skipping, and not playing.

You sold me... queer CDs. I want my money back".

"It's the eBay labels. Sometimes it makes the CD stick"

"Some of you are thinking you won't post. Others, that you can't post, they all say that, until a Top Gear thread appears!"

"A moderator, who became a newbie, a newbie who became a veteran, a veteran who defied an administrator!"

Wow.  I've seen Gladiator exactly once, in the year 2000, and couldn't possibly quote a single line from it. I'm surprised so many here find it so quotable!

11 hours ago, Michael said:

Now this thread will be Gladiator and Dune quotes! Your Muad'Dib has spoken.

"It is by will alone I set Dune quotes in motion.

It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning.

It is by will alone I set Dune quotes in motion"

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Wow.  I've seen Gladiator exactly once, in the year 2000, and couldn't possibly quote a single line from it.

Would you believe, I first saw the movie something like 8-10 years after its release.

I haven't seen it for a number of years now myself, but I do seem to remember movie dialogue well (with perhaps a few slight errors).

9 hours ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

I feel like Horner's music would be really well-suited to this type of thing.............Genesis Countdown, Bishop's Countdown, etc.

For the more stressfull phone calls.................

On 3.4.2016 at 2:04 AM, Jay said:

Wow.  I've seen Gladiator exactly once, in the year 2000, and couldn't possibly quote a single line from it. I'm surprised so many here find it so quotable!

I've seen it a few more times, but I've never been able to understand how people can quote anything! The only things that stick with me are various aural and visual trademarks (hardly even the story after a certain amount of time).

As for film music 'on hold', I don't think I've ever experienced that.

6 hours ago, Thor said:

but I've never been able to understand how people can quote anything!

Oh I don't know, the delivery of the "Busy LIttle Bee" scene was something else, gripping!!

Unfortunately, the only clip of it left on YouTube now was uploadedy by - "Crisis Intervention Services", highlighting 'domestic violence'

......and the audio is hugely out of synch too, but it will do..............

Lots of other good moments, but not many of them are up on YouTube..............

I call myself a proud film (music) nerd, but my interests within that sphere veer in a slightly different direction than most here.

14 hours ago, Thor said:

I call myself a proud film (music) nerd, but my interests within that sphere veer in a slightly different direction than most here.

"Thor, please be carefull, that was not prudent"

"So Melange, we shall go to Boston together and have bloody adventures. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. And then, when enough collectors have died, perhaps you will have your autograph."

"Maestro! I told you to move those bullroarers foreward. They're out of range. 

"Range is good. A danger to the audience..."

"Is acceptable. Agreed"

"They tell me that Jay squealed like a girl when this thread was bumped. And that Thor moaned like a whore when Gladiator quotes were posted again, and again, ....and again"

5 hours ago, Michael said:

"We say of JWFan1138 that he has gone on a journey into that land where we walk without footprints"

"He'll miss JwFan, but a man needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow"

Your fame is well deserved, Pilgrim. I don't think there has been a poster to match you, as for this young man, he insists you are Ray Barnsbury reborn, or was it Morlock? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name. You do have a name...?

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

Your fame is well deserved, Pilgrim. I don't think there has been a poster to match you, as for this young man, he insists you are Ray Barnsbury reborn, or was it Morlock? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name. You do have a name...?

My name is TheGreyPilgrim.  Composer of the West Coast, Orchestrator of the Hollywood Legions, and fan of the true maestro, John Wiliams. Father to triplet daughters, husband to a Welsh wife. And I will have my anonymity, in this life or the next.

3 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

My name is TheGreyPilgrim.  Composer of the West Coast, Orchestrator of the Hollywood Legions, and fan of the true maestro, John Wiliams. Father to triplet daughters, husband to a Welsh wife. And I will have my anonymity, in this life or the next.

"GreyPilgrim, congratulations. I shall sacrifice a hundred bulls to honor your triumph".

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I want to watch Gladiator now. 

"I will see it again... but not yet... not yet..".

11 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I want to watch Gladiator now. 

I watched the extended cut last month but it was too much. I'd rather just watch the original cut again. 

"I have been told of a certain thread which has a very unusual method of attracting contributers. It will lie at the bottom of General Discussion as if wounded. Then wandering visitors will approach, and yet it will lie...quite still. And then members seeking light entertainment will occasionally make little quotes in it, and yet..... it remains....still".

"Are you not entertained? :unsure: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!! Is this not why you are here? :eh:"

I sincerely hope this thread is not......

"Shadows and dust, Sharky. Shadows and Dust!!!!!!"